Misinformed Guesswork (split from Modifying human brain)

IDoNotCare

1 minute ago, Strange said:

Synapses communicate by exchanging chemicals, not electrons.

Irrelevant nonsense.

The synapses contain chemicals that interact electroweakly which is why there are "bio-electric signals" that can be translated into pure electric signals in the case neuron nanite replacement but not without being certain of both position and trajectory.

19 minutes ago, IDoNotCare said:

The synapses contain chemicals that interact electroweakly which is why there are "bio-electric signals" that can be translated into pure electric signals in the case neuron nanite replacement but not without being certain of both position and trajectory.

Are you suggesting beta decay is playing a role in conscience?

1 minute ago, joigus said:

Are you suggesting beta decay is playing a role in conscience?

No, but without knowing trajectory and position of the bio-electric signals it's impossible for the new substrate to carry the specific messages involved in continuity of consciousness because you might be encapsulating nearby electrons that aren't even involved in the messaging between those chemicals. 

4 minutes ago, IDoNotCare said:

No, but without knowing trajectory and position of the bio-electric signals it's impossible for the new substrate to carry the specific messages involved in continuity of consciousness because you might be encapsulating nearby electrons that aren't even involved in the messaging between those chemicals. 

How do you know consciousness is continuous?

What does "continuous" mean? "Continuous" is a sophisticated mathematical concept. A topological set is continuous if it contains its closure. What's the topology?

Edit: Sorry. Closed, not continuous. But it's the same really in this context. A continuum must be closed.

Edited by joigus
Addition

13 minutes ago, joigus said:

How do you know consciousness is continuous?

What does "continuous" mean? "Continuous" is a sophisticated mathematical concept. A topological set is continuous if it contains its closure. What's the topology?

Knowing where one component of the mechanics of the interactions that our thoughts ends, and another component begins, is one thing, that's just chemical to electrical or cellular to chemical. Inside our brains, at the subatomic level there are other interactions made of those same components at the exact same spot and time as per Heisenberg uncertainty but physically not so much. Knowing where all components end in the physical universe is another matter altogether.

I approached quantum gravity as a mathematical construct here:

If you were to simulate all those points (unlike lines, points are dimensionless) imagine how man ones and zeros that is. Still less than the physical universe, any shape has infinite points in even it's 1 dimensional structure but we don't need all them for mathematical topologies which is why I believe history from the big bang to the electrons in a human brain can be simulated with enough processing power without using all the energy in the universe.

Edited by IDoNotCare

6 minutes ago, IDoNotCare said:

Knowing where one component of the mechanics of the interactions that our thoughts ends, and another component begins, is one thing, that's just chemical to electrical or cellular to chemical. Inside our brains, at the subatomic level there are other interactions made of those same components at the exact same spot and time as per Heisenberg uncertainty but physically not so much. Knowing where all components end in the physical universe is another matter altogether.

I approached quantum gravity as a mathematical construct here:

Not even wrong.

43 minutes ago, joigus said:

Not even wrong.

The sad thing is people won't even look at different ideas, I can't even go to a physics journal  or even put further implications here on physics or anywhere outside only pure mathematical expressions (i.e. physics implications) except personal notes because people won't plot out those instructions or they have a precedence preference to normal Newtonian calculus and physics. I'm thinking of applying some topology tricks I've learned so I can maybe just counterproof the Beal conjecture with my 2C/pi method and fund my own research into energy, propulsion and transhumanism (brain augmentation).

5 minutes ago, joigus said:

Why do you want to augment your brain (or anybody else's)? Why not improve synapse, efficiency of multiplexing, neuron plasticity or ability to regenerate?

Brains are not breasts.

As far as I know about normal methods it's just mixing up development of different brain regions. Going from chess com to reading, to writing, to math. But plasticity alone won't make you too much better especially not after 25. Plus there's the longevity benefits of transhumanism

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.