Could General Relativity simply be the "scale" field

Edgard Neuman

24 minutes ago, Edgard Neuman said:

Mathematically what I do is exactly equivalent to changing meters to inches or other simple unit change.. in reality all measures are nothing but numbers.. Now I compare "2 universes" .. one being the homothetic version of the other.. They change only by the very most numerical definition of length, and one relative to the other.

!

Moderator Note

If what you are saying is that physics is the same whether you use Imperial measurements, CGS, MKS or furlongs per fortnight, then this is trivially true and the thread can be closed.

If you are trying to say something different then you need to state that clearly, ideally mathematically, so that it an be understood. If you can't do that, then this thread will be closed.

Over to you.

20 minutes ago, Strange said:
!

Moderator Note

If what you are saying is that physics is the same whether you use Imperial measurements, CGS, MKS or furlongs per fortnight, then this is trivially true and the thread can be closed.

If you are trying to say something different then you need to state that clearly, ideally mathematically, so that it an be understood. If you can't do that, then this thread will be closed.

Over to you.

I'm saying that the changing of scale (and ok, maybe a more complex thing that defines a transformation of vectors) .. not what you call "scale" that is applying to some laws and not the others, I mean "the scale of the universe, and everything in it, every laws".. This is by definition a relative value, because it's undefined outside of the universe and the matter in it..
So I'm saying that this value could change from region of space to region of space, and that would be "general relativity".. 
That was my point.. I had to countlessly explain what "scale" is..  because you don't want to "properly scale" the universe and everything in it in your mind..(that was not a problem for me. When I mean scale I mean "scale".. if you scale a system you scale everything in it obviously... I think the problem came because you consider space to be something that exist independently of matter...I suppose the only thing that exist, is what define the propagation of information.. and in my idea, that is the scale field)
But that was not the important part. The important part, is that there is a equivalence principle involved between two universe with different scales, and that implies the existence of a field. You could then use a Gauge principle, to deduce there is a particle that "carry" that information from place to place, and that would be the graviton.
But as you said, for the laws of universe to be invariant by the scale change, you have to put all others law "under" the influence of this scale defining field..
Ok, you can say, that's just indeed some deeper interpretation of general relativity. 
There's nothing else to say, I am not asking something really, I'm suggesting a speculative theory. If somebody think of something that contradict it, I would be happy to read it..the problem is, you didn't understand my definition of scale, but if once you understand it, you can contradict it, go ahead. I don't see why you would forbid people to contradict me.

Edited by Edgard Neuman

!

Moderator Note

As you are clearly unable to define, or even explain, what you mean, this thread is closed.

Do not start another thread on this unless you can provide the required mathematical rigour in place of the waffle.