Something that happened a month ago.

Kermit

I remember around a month ago I woke up, and the oddest thing happened. The entire underside of both of my arms were covered with hives, and it seemed that the entire day I had constant attacks of narcolepsy. I pretty much couldn't leave my bed without spontaneously falling asleep. And the times that I did manage to get up and stand, I felt as if though all my blood was rushing downward, and for some reason I felt quite cold. What exactly happened to me?

And you just ignored this and it was gone the next day? You didn't go to the doctor's or anything?

Anyway, I have a condition called orthostatic hypotension. If I do not eat, and my blood sugar drops too far, I can faint. Before I faint, I get the feeling that all the blood is rushing to my feet, black dots appear in my eyes, and both my eyes and ears sort of fuzz over. Is this how you felt? I can't explain the hives, but the other symptoms are very familiar. The coldness is accustomed to my condition as well.

And you just ignored this and it was gone the next day? You didn't go to the doctor's or anything?

Anyway' date=' I have a condition called orthostatic hypotension. If I do not eat, and my blood sugar drops too far, I can faint. Before I faint, I get the feeling that all the blood is rushing to my feet, black dots appear in my eyes, and both my eyes and ears sort of fuzz over. Is this how you felt? I can't explain the hives, but the other symptoms are very familiar. The coldness is accustomed to my condition as well.[/quote']

Well, it was gone the next day. It seems it only lasted a single day.

But one thing that's noticably different is that when I wake up in the morning, I don't exactly wake up.. I keep falling back to sleep even though I don't want to. Normally I goto sleep around 1 AM and wake up around 10 AM, but I keep spontaneously falling alseep till 12 PM.

I also seemed to have a short period of narcoleptic symptoms for a month afterwards. I didn't faint or anything, but I kept feeling extremely sleepy and time seemed to warp almost, as if though three minutes felt like three seconds.

I remember around a month ago I woke up, and the oddest thing happened. The entire underside of both of my arms were covered with hives, and it seemed that the entire day I had constant attacks of narcolepsy. I pretty much couldn't leave my bed without spontaneously falling asleep. And the times that I did manage to get up and stand, I felt as if though all my blood was rushing downward, and for some reason I felt quite cold. What exactly happened to me?

Hi Kermit. Some things you can do for anything mysterious like this is to eliminate any junk foods such as carbonated drinks, pops, eliminate anything with white sugar or white flour, suppliment your diet with vitamins, minerals, ( B vits and magnesium good) eat plenty of raw vegie salads, other vegies, high quality foods, read labels on food containers to eliminate all chemical additives and preservatives, drink plenty of water between meals a half hour before and 2hrs after, use good spring, distilled or filtered water, avoid all arasol sprays, insecticides, other airborne fumes, don't smoke or drink excessively, etc,

The above suggestions can't hurt you and may help your problem by treating the whole body with good nutrition, whether any of them have any direct relationship to your problem or not. Whenever I have any kind of problem health wise I first fine tune my diet, eat light, etc. The body has an amazing ability to fix itself when given the stuff it needs to do it. This is not to say you shouldn't have yourself checked. There are wholistically minded MDs near most folks who rely less on drugs and much on natural remedies.

Edited to add: Often mysterious illnesses come as a result of prescription drug side effects.

I wish you well and will pray for you.

Hi. I'm sorry - I'm really not trying to be insulting at all here. But if you, buzsaw, can tell me why B vitamins and magnesium are good for you, without googling it, I will give you so many props (well, maybe not the B vitamins but at least the magnesium). It just always has puzzled me why people say "such-and-such a vitamin is good for you" or "trans fats are horrible for you" without understanding even what the vitamins or trans fats are, let alone what they do to your body. For the computer people out there, it's on the level of saying, "Well, Firefox runs php scripts better than IE" (or something along those lines - I don't pretend to be computer literate in more than the slightest degree) without understanding what a program is. Because almost nobody even knows what a vitamin is.

Hives are usualy symptomatic of an alergy, it`s odd that you just had there where you did, had you been leaning on something the day before perhaps?

maybe a fence that had been newly treated or a Desk in a Lab?

just a thought.

Hi. I'm sorry - I'm really not trying to be insulting at all here. But if you, buzsaw, can tell me why B vitamins and magnesium are good for you, without googling it, I will give you so many props (well, maybe not the B vitamins but at least the magnesium). It just always has puzzled me why people say "such-and-such a vitamin is good for you" or "trans fats are horrible for you" without understanding even what the vitamins or trans fats are[/b'], let alone what they do to your body. For the computer people out there, it's on the level of saying, "Well, Firefox runs php scripts better than IE" (or something along those lines - I don't pretend to be computer literate in more than the slightest degree) without understanding what a program is. Because almost nobody even knows what a vitamin is.

Hi Zyncod. Your questions are good and I will try to address them.

1. Magnesium is so necessary since it has a role in 80% of body functions. It also works like the traffic cop in your body to direct your calcium where to go in the body, so to speak. If you're deficient in magnesium and you don't take it with calcium, the calcium goes into your muscles, causing havoc instead of the bones where it's suppose to go. Minerals are best absorbed in solution and mineral rich foods rather than in hard pills. Foods grown commercially on worn out soils on large farms where little or nothing is put back into the soil are often deficient in minerals. Thus the need to suppliment. A product sold by Maximum Living products called Mineral Rich is a good multiple mineral product.

2. Different B vits are good for different things, so best to go to the health food store and get a good multiple B vit, making sure it has plenty of B6 and B12. These are absulutely essential for the nervous system to prevent from degenerative diseases, et al.

3. Do a google on some of these wholistic health subjects. It's a science in itself and you need to do a lot of reading up to understand the body and what makes it tick smoothly. It's also interesting and informative so you can in turn bless your friends and others with the knowledge you get. :cool: