Gravitational Perpetual Motion

HAMKiiNG

Ideas 💡 for a perpetual motion generator that harnesses gravity to create a positive energy output 🤔

EDIT: lesson learnt, always research your idea before starting a topic about it 😅 even with positive and negative mass chasing each other, its impossible to create a positive energy output. 

Edited by HAMKiiNG
SILLY QUESTIONS

Hydroelectricity is the obvious example. That uses gravity but the source of energy is actually the Sun  I don’t think there is any way of extracting energy from gravity without putting more energy in

But if you really mean perpetual motion then that is obviously impossible

5 minutes ago, HAMKiiNG said:

Ideas 💡 for a perpetual motion generator that harnesses gravity to create a positive energy output 🤔

I see you have just joined so welcome.

I am sorry to warn you that you have just wasted your first post as there is insufficient content for others to know what to discuss.

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

As a newcomer you should take note that links/videos are not enough and that you only have 5 posts available in the first 24 hours.

So if you want this discussion thread to come to anything please think carefully before replying.

Edited by studiot

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

Hydroelectricity is the obvious example. That uses gravity but the source of energy is actually the Sun  I don’t think there is any way of extracting energy from gravity without putting more energy in

But if you really mean perpetual motion then that is obviously impossible

Exactly. Less of a question and more of a topic for debate. Can it be done

The easy side, gravity will pull an object towards the earth at no cost.

The hard part is how to return the weight to its starting point using less energy than what was created by the downwards motion.

Factors are friction, air resistance.

Without both you would be at an equal energy output, (is my thinking.)

Air resistance is easier to combat as you would put it into a vacuum.

Friction is the hard part.

As for the equal energy output, you would need a way to increase the weight/force applied at the top of the experiment or reduce the weight/force applied at the bottom.

If you can increase the length of the object at the top of the revolution and decrease it at the bottom would you have more force applied during the downwards motion?

23 minutes ago, HAMKiiNG said:

Exactly. Less of a question and more of a topic for debate. Can it be done

The easy side, gravity will pull an object towards the earth at no cost.

The hard part is how to return the weight to its starting point using less energy than what was created by the downwards motion.

Can’t do it

In hydroelectricity we let the sun do this work, and reap the benefits. But it’s not free energy, in the physics sense of the word.

30 minutes ago, HAMKiiNG said:

Yes, i should've done some research before  thinking i had a good idea 😅 breaking the 3 laws.

You've done better than most robot's. 😉 +1

Edited by dimreepr