studiot

Are we facing a new pandemic next winter from covid mutations?

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2020 at 1:12 PM, CharonY said:

Bad idea for a whole range of reasons. The most obvious one is that putting opportunistic pathogens into areas where they belong can facilitate colonization and infection by said pathogen. Lung tissue is especially vulnerable and putting bacteria in there where they do not belong is a really, really bad idea. Even normal members of the biota can be dangerous when there is some upset in the balance.

That is what has happened to me. I am loaded with a variety of anaerobic bacteria! Because of that, I think I have something that can protect me from Corona. It is well known from research that bacteria can defend against a virus in a variety of ways. Like a simple saying goes: I am full of s... literally, whereas some persons who are evil are often said to be full of s...figuratively. Just a little joke, except I don't know how to write it.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:40 AM, swansont said:

How is it that you know these aren't being considered (and possibly already ejected - what other effects might they cause)?

And which is the worse result? Dying or having dry skin?

What you think is irrelevant. Do you have evidence to back this up? The conclusion one might draw is not that masks are bad, it's that it's a good idea to wash your masks if they are to be re-usable, and discard ones that aren't.

Dying as a result is not going to be a result, but having dry skin is! What I think is relevant for me. So, when I write that washing hands constantly is not good, I am meaning for me and my body. Because I know my medical condition and because I am pointing out that washing hands with hand sanitizer or anything else that is similar, is going to strip the skin's natural moisture. I did dish-washing in resataurants for many years, so I know what happens to my hands and the rest of my arms up to my elbows. And, that was with gloves on. The result is the same without gloves.

Edited by The Atom
To add an n to know after well know

8 hours ago, The Atom said:

Dying as a result is not going to be a result, but having dry skin is!

Dying is not a possible result of catching the virus? I think you should reconsider the facts.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:12 PM, CharonY said:

Bad idea for a whole range of reasons. The most obvious one is that putting opportunistic pathogens into areas where they belong can facilitate colonization and infection by said pathogen. Lung tissue is especially vulnerable and putting bacteria in there where they do not belong is a really, really bad idea. Even normal members of the biota can be dangerous when there is some upset in the balance.

Perhaps it has a certain validity, as you would also be (equally???) exposed to bacteriophage's. 

Maybe we create the imbalance, in the act of protecting ourselves (not to be confused with protecting  ourselves from a virus) with over sanitation.

4 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Perhaps it has a certain validity, as you would also be (equally???) exposed to bacteriophage's. 

I am not sure what that would bring. Bacteriophages are viruses targeting bacteria..? Again, your immune system would only be primed against a pathogen if you are exposed to either the actual pathogen or a very closely related strain (i.e. the way vaccines work). Just being exposed to something else would not help (but as mentioned, could reduce unspecific immune responses and perhaps reduce allergies and autoimmune diseases).

10 hours ago, swansont said:

Dying is not a possible result of catching the virus? I think you should reconsider the facts.

That is correct. Corona is not always necessarily deadly to each and every person. Each and every person is different.

6 minutes ago, The Atom said:

That is correct. Corona is not always necessarily deadly to each and every person. Each and every person is different.

So it IS a possible result of catching the virus. It could kill you (despite your delusional belief in your immunity) and it could kill someone you pass it on to.

14 minutes ago, The Atom said:

Difficulty with reading comprehension might be a result of the virus.

On 8/23/2020 at 4:43 PM, Strange said:

So it IS a possible result of catching the virus. It could kill you (despite your delusional belief in your immunity) and it could kill someone you pass it on to.

I have always had a high resistance to viruses. Anyways, when I write Corona is not necessarily deadly, it means just that. People should stop blowing it up out of what it is: a weak puny RNA virus.

On 8/23/2020 at 4:50 PM, swansont said:

Difficulty with reading comprehension might be a result of the virus.

Aphasia is not a symptom of Corona. Or, if it is, it has nothing to do with persons like me who have always had Aphasia. I think the biggest thing that caused my Aphasia in various forms or aspects is from a car accident when I was 9 in a second foster home. 

15 minutes ago, The Atom said:

I have always had a high resistance to viruses.

Good luck with that. Baseless beliefs rarely work as medical treatments.

Anyways, when I write Corona is not necessarily deadly, it means just that.

It was more the "Dying as a result is not going to be a result" that was being challenged.

People should stop blowing it up out of what it is: a weak puny RNA virus.

It is extremely contagious and has a high case fatality rate. Quite the reverse of "puny". Ask the USA or Brazil how "puny" it is.

I have always had a high resistance to viruses. Anyways, when I write Corona is not necessarily deadly, it means just that. People should stop blowing it up out of what it is: a weak puny RNA virus.

Attitudes such as these have led to over 800 thousand deaths and counting. It also the reason why folks do not vaccinate against influenza and thereby needlessly increasing death rates. It would only be sad, if folks who adhere to these beliefs were also the victims. Unfortunately dealing with diseases is a community effort. 

On 8/24/2020 at 6:52 PM, CharonY said:

Attitudes such as these have led to over 800 thousand deaths and counting. It also the reason why folks do not vaccinate against influenza and thereby needlessly increasing death rates. It would only be sad, if folks who adhere to these beliefs were also the victims. Unfortunately dealing with diseases is a community effort. 

Each person is different. I already have a powerful infection that can make Corona the puny RNA virus that it is! The overall statistics is that the majority of people wearing masks can still get Corona and die from it. So, it is not a community effort. That is unfair to a person who is not involved.

2 hours ago, The Atom said:

Each person is different. I already have a powerful infection that can make Corona the puny RNA virus that it is! The overall statistics is that the majority of people wearing masks can still get Corona and die from it. So, it is not a community effort. That is unfair to a person who is not involved.

I have to wonder, what benefit do you get from perpetrating falsehoods? Why do folks do waste their time making up stuff on social media? At best no one is listening, at worse, people believe it and do something that increases their risk. What is the possible scenario in which the person disseminating these falsehood is not the bad guy?

A disease outbreak involves everyone who does not happen to live alone on a deserted island. And thinking otherwise is the main reason why we are unable to quickly contain them. It is the reason why we have close to one million confirmed deaths from this one disease alone.

3 hours ago, The Atom said:

puny RNA virus

Just like Ebola, Polio, HIV, Influenza, Rabies, Dengue virus, West Nile virus, Chikungunya virus, Zika virus, Marburg virus, Japanese Encephalitis, Congo hemorrhagic fever, Herpesvirus, Hepatitis, Rift Valley fever, Colorado tick fever, Ross river fever and of course SARS and MERS. 

All puny RNA viruses not worth worrying about. 

Edited by Arete

On 8/19/2020 at 1:07 AM, The Atom said:

Why are medical scientists ignoring those bacteria that might do something against

I think the death rate from Clostridium tetani is higher than that from covid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus

On 8/19/2020 at 11:41 PM, Charles 3781 said:

The virus will kill off the weak unlucky people. The strong lucky people will survive.

FTFY

On 8/23/2020 at 2:51 AM, The Atom said:

I am loaded with a variety of anaerobic bacteria!

Well, human cells are aerobic so... are you dead or are the anaerobes dead?