Scientist saving the world from destruction.

Ken123456

2 hours ago, Ken123456 said:

Could God use a scientist to help save the world from a devastating destruction but the scientist was not a believer in God?

Why would he need to?

Look at it this way...

When a woman is pregnant she is having a baby, God is not in there putting the baby together, but the power that he created to create the baby is fully at work doing its job. Now if you look at the earth and its functions, gravity holds all masses together on the planet. Another power he created to perform his function, but again he is not actually performing the work, his power is doing the work. I pretty sure that if God needed to block a signal in the mind of a human being to stop a process occurring, he is quite capable and does not require a persons permission to do so. He is the creator and we are the created. God created free will but that is not exactly what people think it is, which is another discussion... 

13 hours ago, Casio said:

Why would he need to?

Look at it this way...

When a woman is pregnant she is having a baby, God is not in there putting the baby together, but the power that he created to create the baby is fully at work doing its job. Now if you look at the earth and its functions, gravity holds all masses together on the planet. Another power he created to perform his function, but again he is not actually performing the work, his power is doing the work. I pretty sure that if God needed to block a signal in the mind of a human being to stop a process occurring, he is quite capable and does not require a persons permission to do so. He is the creator and we are the created. God created free will but that is not exactly what people think it is, which is another discussion... 

He has used non-Godly humans in the past to accomplish a need (Israel was led to the Promised Land by a lost person) and seems like He may sometimes use other lost people. 

13 hours ago, swansont said:

An omnipotent being can do whatever they want.

The earth was given over by Adam to Satan and God chose not to override the choice between Adam and Satan. He had to die to allow humans salvation. Presently Satan owns the earth and all who do not wish God to be their savior.

10 hours ago, Ken123456 said:

The earth was given over by Adam to Satan and God chose not to override the choice between Adam and Satan. He had to die to allow humans salvation. Presently Satan owns the earth and all who do not wish God to be their savior.

This is irrelevant to the question, is it not?

You asked "Could God use a scientist to help save the world from a devastating destruction but the scientist was not a believer in God?"

Yes, an omnipotent god could. What an omnipotent god chooses to do is another issue entirely.

If God is not omnipotent, then that changes things.

11 hours ago, Ken123456 said:

Presently Satan owns the earth and all who do not wish God to be their savior.

Well, I'll be damned.
One wave of the hand, and 5+ billion of us, who just happened to be born into non-Christian cultures, sentenced to burn in hell for all eternity. 
Makes me wonder just which of those two guys to blame, really.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:19 AM, swansont said:

An omnipotent being can do whatever they want.

Could an omnipotent being set himself a goal he can't achieve?
If so, he's not omnipotent, 

if not, he's not omnipotent.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:22 AM, Ken123456 said:

Could God...

Depends on the God.

There are lots to choose from.
It' not clear that any of them actually exists.

12 hours ago, Ken123456 said:

Presently Satan owns the earth and all who do not wish God to be their savior.

This leads to the interesting question of why God created Satan. (or equivalently, why did God, knowing what would happen, choose to put the Serpent in Eden?)

On 7/6/2020 at 9:22 AM, Ken123456 said:

Could God use a scientist to help save the world from a devastating destruction but the scientist was not a believer in God?

Maybe. But I don't think he would be interested in saving the world from a devastating destruction. He seems to be quite happy with us having a fair amount of devastating destructions every now and then.

So the thing you suggest sounds to me something like:

God: Let's send another devastating destruction and see if this person who doesn't believe in me can thwart me (God whispers the solution to the scientist's ear).

Scientist: I don't know who's talking to me, but OK.

;)

It's possible. It's certainly compatible with the schizophrenic type that I can see depicted on the Bible. What terrifies me is the kind of psychotic God that our culture seems to have devised. What does it say about us as a species?

14 minutes ago, joigus said:

What does it say about us as a species?

It says that our natural cooperation is a double edged sword, and can be more destructive than beneficial, if we don't have a good leader.

It also suggests that politics and religion are bad bedfellow's, when the magic (or understandable message) is gone.

I think we all know (deep down) that God is a fiction, yet he/she/it is a convenient method to lord it over the "non believer", whatever side of the fence we find ourselves.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:22 AM, Ken123456 said:

I see one (trial) question and one expresion 

1) you try to ask a question but;

2)presumably  your own expression refutes the intented aim :) 

4 hours ago, dimreepr said:

It says that our natural cooperation is a double edged sword, and can be more destructive than beneficial, if we don't have a good leader.

I'd choose good (and generalised) education above a good leader any time. Leaders I see as a necessary evil.

4 hours ago, dimreepr said:

It also suggests that politics and religion are bad bedfellow's, when the magic (or understandable message) is gone.

I think we all know (deep down) that God is a fiction, yet he/she/it is a convenient method to lord it over the "non believer", whatever side of the fence we find ourselves.

Religion is never a good bedfellow of anybody. 😆

It's always worked for itself pretty well, though.

Just one more thing. When you say "understandable message", do you mean politics or religion?

This is a question we can't answer because we don't know God we don't know if there is rules for him too or not

which God are you talking about ? If there is we might know supposely by the book he sent or the informations he sent to his messenger if we suppose that he is actually the God of this world

I give up with this topic of God. My experiences show that when we get pandemics like the current one, nobody knows its existence initially, then later when medical science starts to recognise something not so normal, reports are made, feedback sent to the relevant authorities and then government put measures in place to stop the spread. Now worshipers go to church and sit side by side along with their colds and flu etc, spreading the diseases. Where did God write in the bible that CV-19 was life threatening and either God put control measures in place for his worshipers so they would not be affected, or write in the bible that social distancing must take place from 2019. 

All this bible prophecy appears well written but we must not forget that the bible is rewritten every fifty years. Today I listened to a video presentation from a religious group around the word using "zoom". The way the message was coming across to me seemed like these people in their religion was saying that they were aware of CV-19 before the scientists, the governments and the WHO, yet it was the governments we all know and can see that put social distancing in place and closed Gods places of worship.   

Last week I wrote an email to the religious group pointing out the facts about CV-19 and their churches and the way they go about conducting their religion. Normally when I write they have an answer for everything, but CV-19 has stopped then in their tracks, they have no answers for me this time. 

God either exists or does not exit. If he has a conflict with Satan then they need to both get together and sort themselves out, because blaming the human race for what the world is to me is not our fault. In a court case ALL facts must be presented not half a job. The so called Gods should reveal themselves to the human race and stop hiding.  

17 hours ago, Othmane Dahi said:

This is a question we can't answer because we don't know God we don't know if there is rules for him too or not

which God are you talking about ? If there is we might know supposely by the book he sent or the informations he sent to his messenger if we suppose that he is actually the God of this world

I do not know of more than one creator God.

23 hours ago, joigus said:

Maybe. But I don't think he would be interested in saving the world from a devastating destruction. He seems to be quite happy with us having a fair amount of devastating destructions every now and then.

So the thing you suggest sounds to me something like:

God: Let's send another devastating destruction and see if this person who doesn't believe in me can thwart me (God whispers the solution to the scientist's ear).

Scientist: I don't know who's talking to me, but OK.

;)

It's possible. It's certainly compatible with the schizophrenic type that I can see depicted on the Bible. What terrifies me is the kind of psychotic God that our culture seems to have devised. What does it say about us as a species?

That is funny but God also sends destruction to His children who turn to evil ways. Such as the ones who seeked occults for help, He was jealous and sent an evil group to destroy them.

Some of our species are deceived and trying to explain.  

2 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

Here's a list a well over a hundred.

Yes, many make up gods but are myths.

14 hours ago, Casio said:

I give up with this topic of God. My experiences show that when we get pandemics like the current one, nobody knows its existence initially, then later when medical science starts to recognise something not so normal, reports are made, feedback sent to the relevant authorities and then government put measures in place to stop the spread. Now worshipers go to church and sit side by side along with their colds and flu etc, spreading the diseases. Where did God write in the bible that CV-19 was life threatening and either God put control measures in place for his worshipers so they would not be affected, or write in the bible that social distancing must take place from 2019. 

All this bible prophecy appears well written but we must not forget that the bible is rewritten every fifty years. Today I listened to a video presentation from a religious group around the word using "zoom". The way the message was coming across to me seemed like these people in their religion was saying that they were aware of CV-19 before the scientists, the governments and the WHO, yet it was the governments we all know and can see that put social distancing in place and closed Gods places of worship.   

Last week I wrote an email to the religious group pointing out the facts about CV-19 and their churches and the way they go about conducting their religion. Normally when I write they have an answer for everything, but CV-19 has stopped then in their tracks, they have no answers for me this time. 

God either exists or does not exit. If he has a conflict with Satan then they need to both get together and sort themselves out, because blaming the human race for what the world is to me is not our fault. In a court case ALL facts must be presented not half a job. The so called Gods should reveal themselves to the human race and stop hiding.  

It was sorted out when Jesus kicked Satan in the head and destroyed his power by dying on the cross for mankind.

On 7/6/2020 at 4:52 AM, Casio said:

Why would he need to?

Look at it this way...

He gave the creation power to His children who create by faith given by Him.

30 minutes ago, Ken123456 said:

Everyone has faith in their father; we have no choice... Until we're shown his fallibility, we won't know whether to snear or revere; which very much depends on his intention...

A good clue is, when you fucked up did he unclip his belt?

3 hours ago, Ken123456 said:

Oh, what sweet delicious irony. Everyone else's imaginary friends are imaginary, but my imaginary friend is real. Lol

4 hours ago, Ken123456 said:

That is funny but God also sends destruction to His children who turn to evil ways. Such as the ones who seeked occults for help, He was jealous and sent an evil group to destroy them.

Some of our species are deceived and trying to explain.  

It was sorted out when Jesus kicked Satan in the head and destroyed his power by dying on the cross for mankind.

!

Moderator Note

Stay on topic, and stop preaching. You don't get to make unsupported claims like these, even in the Religion section. This is a science discussion forum.

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

Stay on topic, and stop preaching. You don't get to make unsupported claims like these, even in the Religion section. This is a science discussion forum.

I said much, which are you referring to? Do I need to quote bible references for all my comments? Which are preaching? Please detail your comments.

4 minutes ago, Ken123456 said:

I said much, which are you referring to? Do I need to quote bible references for all my comments? Which are preaching? Please detail your comments.

!

Moderator Note

If you can support any of your assertions, please do. Otherwise, don't make them. Is there evidence that your god is real and other people's gods are false? NO, there is NOT, so refrain from basing arguments on things you can't support. 

And don't respond to these notes, taking the topic further off. If you don't know what evidence on a science discussion forum means, please refer to other threads or send a private message.

11 hours ago, iNow said:

Oh, what sweet delicious irony. Everyone else's imaginary friends are imaginary, but my imaginary friend is real. Lol

God is my Lord.

13 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Everyone has faith in their father; we have no choice... Until we're shown his fallibility, we won't know whether to snear or revere; which very much depends on his intention...

A good clue is, when you fucked up did he unclip his belt?

You are ignored for your cussing.

14 hours ago, Othmane Dahi said:

But in reality people talk about different Gods which one are you refering to ?

The God of the Bible.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:12 PM, pzkpfw said:

Was there a question?

The first post has the question.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:20 AM, Markus Hanke said:

Well, I'll be damned.
One wave of the hand, and 5+ billion of us, who just happened to be born into non-Christian cultures, sentenced to burn in hell for all eternity. 
Makes me wonder just which of those two guys to blame, really.

Has nothing to do with cultures. It is strictly if one wants to believe in Him or not. 

11 minutes ago, Ken123456 said:

God is my Lord.

Lol. Which one? Zeus? Apollo? FSM?

12 minutes ago, Ken123456 said:

You are ignored for your cussing.

It seems your god makes lots of snowflakes 

13 minutes ago, Ken123456 said:

The God of the Bible.

Old Testament then?

13 minutes ago, Ken123456 said:

Has nothing to do with cultures. It is strictly if one wants to believe in Him or not. 

You mean HER, right?

God is little more than an ambiguously defined 3-letter word with exaggerated cultural significance