Em-zines

So I'm not sure if this is in the correct topic area, but if not please feel free to move it.

My sister was diagnosed with bowl cancer about 6 weeks ago. She was given options of surgery or chemo. Having opted for the chemo after 2 weeks the chemo has taken serious effects. Tests must have now shown that my sister has no em-zines which I'm to understand counteract the chemo. She is now in ICU and they are going to reassess her Monday. My thinking based on what I've seen suggests that there might not be a lot of hope for a positive outcome. 

Not really knowing or understanding about this subject, I was thinking and wondering why they can't reverse the process?

They advise that it is very rare for people not to have em-zines so they don't test for them, yet they have now realized problems have occurred and must have now done tests for em-zines?

Should really consult a doctor or nurse about this(over the phone if necessary).

Just as an example, there is DPD deficiency. Where a lack of the enzyme can impact how quickly your body is able to break down some chemotherapy drugs.

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/treatment/chemotherapy/side-effects/dpd-deficiency

Good luck and I hope your sister recovers.

Edited by Endy0816

4 hours ago, Endy0816 said:

Should really consult a doctor or nurse about this(over the phone if necessary).

Just as an example, there is DPD deficiency. Where a lack of the enzyme can impact how quickly your body is able to break down some chemotherapy drugs.

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/treatment/chemotherapy/side-effects/dpd-deficiency

Good luck and I hope your sister recovers.

Thank you for your help and advice. My sister opened her eyes today and acknowledged our presence.