Is it possible to make copper to repel iron?

aimanmann

If you take any two objects, keep them carefully insulated, and apply a like electrical charge to both, they will repel each other.  But--its not the materials that are repelling each other, but the charges.

On 7/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, aimanmann said:

I watched a video that shows a copper coin repel a iron needle, is possible? I read few note to make copper to attract iron like magnet. But to repel it, i found none of it

Pass current through metal, and it will create magnetic field around it, which could attract or repel with other things.

External magnetic field (invisible on video) could create eddy currents in metal.

Metal could be initially electrostatically charged. It could be attracted (or repelled) by the same (or oppositely charged) element.

Metal piece could have hidden hole with the real magnet inside of it. Or Copper/Gold/Silver/whatever is just coating on the surface. Example of trick for YouTube video.

Edited by Sensei