IQ of artificial intelligence?

Kedas

Why do we want a single number to define how intelligent we or AI-devices are?

Even for a simple CPU comparison we use lot's of benchmarks numbers. Put a faster CPU in it and suddenly it's a lot smarter. Or does time not count for AI-devices?

Do you think that as long that a 'software-CPU / AI-device' isn't decleared alive it has no IQ.

Is it somewhere proven that there exist something like 'universal intelligence'?

It depends on the reference environment it even depends on time making it as relative as it can be. (maybe you are a genius on Mars ;) )

some reference article

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7842

the cpu doesn't make a computer smarter it just increases the speed at which it processes the program.

if its a dumb A.I. program then a fast processor will make it able to do dumb things faster.

Yes I understand that but when they take an IQ test of you they will say you X min. so time is factor in measuring it.

Although I never thought that time should be an important factor.

It is not like if I get ten times more time that I will be able to solve all questions right.

Oh right it just seemed like you were putting the emphasis of A.I. intelligence on the processor speed.

The confusion about it is just my question.

If speed is a factor in our IQ should't it be the same for A.I. devices and if that is the case then the AI device IQ is CPU speed dependant.