Illusion of History

Farid

Hello everybody, 

I used to be a lucid dreamer.  I would realize that I am dreaming while in a dream. I saw many things in my dreams that seemed to have long history. that made me wonder if it is possible for things in actual life to not really have any long history yet seem like it does.

Can you save us a couple of pages and describe right now exactly what you mean by "long history"? Like something done a long time ago? Or like something that seems to have been around a long time? Or something that has a complex feel that must have taken years to achieve?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, Strange said:
!

Moderator Note

This has nothing to do with evolution.

Have moved it to The Lounge. But @Farid not that, even here, we don't allow nonsense. You need to make it very clear what you are talking about.

I think history and evolution are very interconnected. 

1 hour ago, Farid said:

Well,  if history never existed,  but just the illusion of it,  then evolution could not have happened.

And if your position made any sense whatsoever I’d further engage with it, but alas... this will be my final comment here. 

3 hours ago, MigL said:

Oh no. Not again.
history is just false memories implanted by the Matrix ?

No, no,  I was saying in the original post that I was WONDERING about the possibility of history not actually being existant.

2 hours ago, iNow said:

And if your position made any sense whatsoever I’d further engage with it, but alas... this will be my final comment here. 

I can't see how evolution can be true if history has never existed? I think you believe that I assume or believe that history does not exist. I actually don't believe that history does not exist. I was merely pondering on the possibility.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 11:16 AM, Farid said:

Hello everybody, 

I used to be a lucid dreamer.  I would realize that I am dreaming while in a dream. I saw many things in my dreams that seemed to have long history. that made me wonder if it is possible for things in actual life to not really have any long history yet seem like it does.

I too am a lucid dreamer. I too have had dreams where people and or places in my dreams have established histories. So this topic is potentially interesting me. However I think it should be couched within understand the basic premise. It is too huge of a leap to connect it with evolution and what not in advance of understanding anything about it.

Assuming you believe your own mind creates the entirety of your dreams how and or why do you think it creates backstories within dreams?

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2020 at 12:49 AM, Ten oz said:

Assuming you believe your own mind creates the entirety of your dreams how and or why do you think it creates backstories within dreams?

- quite simple! Creating is obtaining reality from the Abyss of Potentiality. Whatever you obtain, comes to be (as if) with all the proper "natural" backstory (prehistory beginning from nothing).

10 minutes ago, Alex Caledin said:

- quite simple! Creating is obtaining reality from the Abyss of Potentiality. Whatever you obtain, comes to be (as if) with all the proper "natural" backstory (prehistory beginning from nothing).

Unless I spontaneously came to be, my dreams are the history of me; imagine that, then ask yourself "what do I gain, if they're not?"...