Damn, I bought a fake USB drive

H2SO4

Ok, I had always told everyone i knew never to buy any kind of computer hardware on ebay becuase you will always get ripped off. So i bought a 1 gb usb flash drive on ebay for 43$ , and when it arrived i knoticed it was a fake. The package had already been opended, the fake usb drive had some minor scratches on it. The labeling on it says Cruzer mini 1 gb while real ones say cruzer mini 1.0 gb

Also, the thing can easily be dismantles buy barely tugging at the case. The light is a red light, while the real ones are green. The cover for the red light can be pulled off easily. The thing feels like there is nothing in it. The body is crudely molded. The label is ready to peel off.

Now for performance. When i plug the frive in, it tells me new hardware found sandisk mass storge blah blah blah normal. I loaded on gig of data on it to test it to make sure its not realy like a 128mb or something. Loading that much data was kinda slow, im not sure if it is even USB 2.0

When it has about a gig off data on it it gets realy slow, for example it crashes widows explorer every time i try to open it. I cant even delete what i put on there becaue every time I go to highlight or right click on an item it crashes. its crap. I did manage to play a music file from it but it was slower than hell and almost crashed wmp like 8 times. So basicaly i bought this drive for school, to accomodoate my new dell 600m and i got screwed.

Ive still got money so I want to buy a good flash drive, im tempted to go with sandisk, but ive heard good things about crucial. What would your choose?