MonteCarlo Method for 1 person

zak100

Hi,

I have a question which I want to solve using MonteCarlo Method

Suppose we have a car for sale and a buyer is 65% satisfied with the price of the car, 75% satisfied with the outlook of the car like its body, color, tires and 85%  satisfied with the running i.e. the engine? What is the probability that the car would be sold to the said buyer? How we can do a simulation using Monte Carlo Method? 

I found the answer as: 0.65 * 0.75 * 0.85 = 0.4143

Is this a correct solution? Also please tell me can I use MoteCarlo method for one person?

Zulfi.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I don't know how can I make buyers satisfactions dependent. I am assuming that buyer's satisfaction depends upon price of the car, outlook of the car and engine of the car based upon the probability values. Please guide me how can I make buyer's satisfactions in a proper manner. I think I am not able to understand this concept properly. 

Please help me to improve this problem and also my solution in the context of MonteCarlo.

Zulfi.