Need reaction name and reagent name :)

sam2209

!

Moderator Note

Moved.

A simple reminder to all: this is the "Homework Help" forum, not the "Homework Answers" forum. We will not do your work for you, only point you in the right direction. Posts that do give the answers may be removed.

So @sam2209, would you explain where you have got to in solving this problem and what has stopped your progress - hopefully members can then help you to overcome your difficulties yourself.

9 minutes ago, Strange said:
!

Moderator Note

Moved.

A simple reminder to all: this is the "Homework Help" forum, not the "Homework Answers" forum. We will not do your work for you, only point you in the right direction. Posts that do give the answers may be removed.

So @sam2209, would you explain where you have got to in solving this problem and what has stopped your progress - hopefully members can then help you to overcome your difficulties yourself.

I'm sorry but we have not been taught this part yet in class. Still have been asked to solve and submit. So if you can answer me I'll be highly grateful. Thanks!!

Edited by sam2209

Start from counting the number of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Sulfur and other atoms. Then search net using e.g. CxHyBr as keyword (x any y the number of atoms). This way you will find the name of compound. Repeat with the all others. Read Wikipedia articles about these compounds. Maybe these reactions are already described in these articles? It will be a good start of this homework. Don't expect people here will give you the all answers on the golden plate. It doesn't work this way. We are giving just hints, and you have to do the all work by yourself.

3 hours ago, sam2209 said:

I'm sorry but we have not been taught this part yet in class. Still have been asked to solve and submit. So if you can answer me I'll be highly grateful. Thanks!!

What have you learnt? We can't do your homework for you, so you will need to make some attempt at this yourself before anyone can give you any guidance. 

10 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Start from counting the number of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Sulfur and other atoms. Then search net using e.g. CxHyBr as keyword (x any y the number of atoms). This way you will find the name of compound. Repeat with the all others. Read Wikipedia articles about these compounds. Maybe these reactions are already described in these articles? It will be a good start of this homework. Don't expect people here will give you the all answers on the golden plate. It doesn't work this way. We are giving just hints, and you have to do the all work by yourself.

Searching by chemical formula won't be helpful in this case. If they have got this far, they should already know how to construct IUPAC names and identify functional groups.