do youtuber musicians earn much money?

ahmet

are there numeric expressions to clarify the case?

For instance if we assume that between 5000000-500000000 yearly watch target how much money will this bring as income?

Edited by ahmet

If ads are enabled, YouTube pays approximately $1 per each 1000 views. So 1 mln views = $1k.

Professional musicians typically earn money on concerts and selling CD/MP3.

YouTube Partner Program application checklist:

1. Make sure your channel follows our policies and guidelines. ...

2. Have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 valid public watch hours. ...

3. Sign YPP terms. ...

4. Make sure you only have 1 AdSense account.

(4000 hours per year, is quite a lot for newbie, it is almost half year of watching by single person, or 4h for each of subscribers)

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

If ads are enabled, YouTube pays approximately $1 per each 1000 views. So 1 mln views = $1k.

Professional musicians typically earn money on concerts   and selling CD/MP3.    🚫

(4000 hours per year, is quite a lot for newbie, it is almost half year of watching by single person, or 4h for each of subscribers)

concerts seems logical but not so much 🌙, and I do not think that todays musicians are able to ern money via selling cd/mp3 ..I also think that my 7 years old cousin almost will not learn what the cd is. It is odd :) ☢️ :) 

thanks for the information.

and are there any statistics taken from youku?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 7:44 PM, Sensei said:

If ads are enabled, YouTube pays approximately $1 per each 1000 views. So 1 million views = $1k.

Professional musicians typically earn money on concerts and selling CD/MP3.

Thanks Sensei! That was very informative.

I checked how many subscribers a few musicians have...

Rusanda Panfili (40 000) plays music easy to hear, she makes very much fuss around it, her videos contain much more than music, and she has put many videos on Youtube over a long time. Plus, the first word used with her name in Google search is "married". Her small band, plus the team (video, production...) might live partly from Youtube.

Sarah Willis (33 000) makes videos about music. Informative, varied, entertaining. She too has a small team around her. She has 355 videos viewed 0.5k to 500k times, so even this doesn't make a full-time revenue for two people. To achieve such figures, she is known from the TV.

What about putting just plain classical music on Youtube, and hoping that music lovers will listen to it? Here are some excellent musicians, picked randomly from my bookmarks, and their number of followers: Sophie Dervaux (38), Francesca Dego (2 000), Irène Duval (268), Viktoria Mullova (476), Clara Andrada (30), Basson français  (58), Anne-Sophie Bertrand (196). That is, only Francesca Dego may qualify to earn money from Youtube, and with cumulated 250 000+ views, she might have earned some 300 bucks over several years. I didn't even check the men.

So to earn money from Youtube, forget classical music. Put instead some pop music, or a dozen of videos about cats. Or a compilation of hurricane videos stolen somewhere.