music production & composing | considerations

ahmet

hello,

I believe I am a good composer and music producer , but unfortunately currently this consists of only a belief. 

but as you know,all we are trying to implement our plannings and or the things that we imagine.

Therefore,I am planning to fly to romania. as far as I know ,they are good in popular musics.

have you any recommendation for me? I shall try to remain open to ideas...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ahmet,
just some thoughts...

Very (extremely) few people achieve to live from music. Even less as a composer. You better make software: easier, well paid, many jobs. Violin professors have hundreds of students in their career, one is more talented and trains seriously, and becomes her or himself a professor. Sometimes, this exceptional student is even more exceptional and earns his living by playing music rather than teaching it. These are the orchestra musicians. Soloists are even much rarer, composers too. How many composers does a concert need?

Presently, Covid-19 is an absolute disaster for all performing arts. No concerts, or concerts without public, meaning less incomes for the orchestra. Most musicians are not on the permanent payroll, so they get no engagement at all. Playing on the street is presently no-no in many countries. Youtube brings zilch to standard musicians.

Romania is a fantastic place to hear music. But to play it? People from Romania and Moldova go to Germany and Austria to live from music.

What kind of music? A few people manage to live from folkloric / cigani / klezmer / etc music. That could work better than classical music. It's often not a first choice. Illenyi Katica, Rusanda Panfili... are all excellent classical musicians who jumped into folkloric music to make a living. Or do you mean songs for the TV?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 12:00 AM, Enthalpy said:

Hi Ahmet,
just some thoughts...

Very (extremely) few people achieve to live from music. Even less as a composer. You better make software: easier, well paid, many jobs. Violin professors have hundreds of students in their career, one is more talented and trains seriously, and becomes her or himself a professor. Sometimes, this exceptional student is even more exceptional and earns his living by playing music rather than teaching it. These are the orchestra musicians. Soloists are even much rarer, composers too. How many composers does a concert need?

Presently, Covid-19 is an absolute disaster for all performing arts. No concerts, or concerts without public, meaning less incomes for the orchestra. Most musicians are not on the permanent payroll, so they get no engagement at all. Playing on the street is presently no-no in many countries. Youtube brings zilch to standard musicians.

Romania is a fantastic place to hear music. But to play it? People from Romania and Moldova go to Germany and Austria to live from music.

What kind of music? A few people manage to live from folkloric / cigani / klezmer / etc music. That could work better than classical music. It's often not a first choice. Illenyi Katica, Rusanda Panfili... are all excellent classical musicians who jumped into folkloric music to make a living. Or do you mean songs for the TV?

hi Entalphy, it was very nice to read your this post. but the thing I would it to be understood is probably different." musician" definition , of course, includes many descriptions. but the one I would give as a sample was someone like Akcent, Lalgerino, Zack Knight, etc. :) :):) 

at a time when I told this to someone, one of my friend said "it is really expensive" 

I said "oh my dear, how much?" :) :) :)

then he said more than (as I remember correctly (if I remember it correctly) 100.000 $ - 10000$ 

does anyone agree to this idea? 

Edited by ahmet

On 6/25/2020 at 11:00 PM, Enthalpy said:

Very (extremely) few people achieve to live from music. Even less as a composer. You better make software: easier, well paid, many jobs.

Computer game industry needs musicians to compose music and create sound effects for computer/console games, smartphone games, and website games..

5 hours ago, Enthalpy said:

What is 100.000 $ - 10000$ expensive? I mean, who pays who for what?

..costs of making professional looking video clip for YouTube... ?

ahmet doesn't understand that majority of people don't earn money from YouTube. To have return from $100k investment in making video clip, he would have to get 100m views..

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

.costs of making professional looking video clip for YouTube... ?

yyep! :) :)

ahmet doesn't understand that majority of people don't earn money from YouTube.

maybe :)  I give the probability to  your implication  that you claimed;  most of those musicians would earn money via concerts or other but similar activities ( also including advertisements incomes ) 

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

To have return from $100k investment in making video clip, he would have to get 100m

but maybe you are missing a point :) I am definitely dealing with POPular musics. Generally these type of musics has already had 100 milllion views or more than that.

but here one idea that would normally prove that you would be right if you had thought so: "no guarantee (of >=100m views)" ,presumably as this detail is not clear the producer companies do not contact every nominators (like me). there are some other probabilities for instance they might consider fake personalities/accounts contacting them.

I tried to contact one or two companies but could not get revert back unfortunately ,thus I thought so. but I am unsure whether really I have chance. because now I am 30 years old.:(

I nevertheless think one point: if the process is really so much expensive ,how do new nominators  be able to succeed? ,interesting.

Musician-to-be sends music samples to producers. They listen and like it and want to work with person, or they do not like (do not see value enough which will return an investment in that person). Simple as that. If you did not send them your songs, they had nothing to work with.. If you sent them songs that you made, and they did not reply, they maybe did not like it. Then you have to upload your songs to YouTube/Vimeo/whatever else people use these days, and spread it, and see how many people will like it. If they like the music, viewer count will be growing quickly..

On 6/10/2020 at 7:25 PM, ahmet said:

Therefore,I am planning to fly to romania. as far as I know ,they are good in popular musics.

...I would fly to Ibiza.. ;)

Once you will have your songs on YouTube, send links (or literal CD/DVD) to DJs around the world. Maybe somebody will make remix using your music which will be using your samples or part of it and release it to people. This way your name will immediately appear on the market, and people will ask "who is the guy whose music was remixed by e.g. Tiesto" and start searching your name on YouTube..

well, hereby within this last message,I understand that it was recommended to me to send them at least one sample. 

ok. to be honest at a time,I had uploaded to tune core but none had interested in that :) :) . (meanwhile, you did not say anthing whether it should be competitive (but I mean whether just natural voice is accepable for instance) it was only natural voice and I do not think that it would be so much popular ...however this depends on the ryhthm and background musics.

okay,I shall do your advice. I shall specify the music (but again only natural voice :) )

I shall (try to) recontact to thrace musics

hey sensei,do you have any music video/clip??

some details: I believe that achievement and reputation are two diferent definitions. I shall definitely concentrate on achievement rather than having a well known reputation,of course reputation is  nevertheless important but not aim. 

Edited by ahmet

• 4 weeks later...

oh my gosh! I can't move to anywhere :( :( 

it is because of covid - 19. 

may I ask something more while trying to make my boring times go away 

1) does youtube pay fee just regarding the count of watching (assume please ads turned on)?

2) what happens if the language option is changable (in fact this is the same question with previous one) 

A notation: I have detected many music videos ,that seem like some unqualified productions, however, they are watched too many times. 

Edited by ahmet
addtional notation

• 2 months later...

I consider a plan ,moving to india for a while for next summer.

I hope or think that I would have sufficient time and money. because I am a teacher.

but interestingly the corporations that I see their ads on such a popular musics videos have no webpages. I cannot reach them.

these are such samples:

1) elsen pro production

2) geet 

any idea?

Edited by ahmet

• 2 weeks later...

hi, once again;

I would ask a new question on this issue:

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT I WOULD LOSE THE SMARTNESS OF MY VOICE IF I GET OLDER? (if we compare the case with young ages)

now I am 31 (of course proudly feel myself as 18 :) :) , but I do not know what would happen at my for instance 45 or 60)

I am sure I am trying to calculate rather non mathematical probability ahahaha :) :) :) 

all in all it seems normal, because we have emotions ..

Edited by ahmet