Freedom of speech - Can we really have it?

StringJunky

1 hour ago, Mike12 said:

I think the toughest free speech is the speech about changing the government that has protections for free speech.

What leads you to think so? Would you give one or two good examples, clearly describing how those examples demonstrate your point.

Returning the Confederate States relations was the example with Governor George Wallace. That was before the Constitutional 1st amendment that they're returning to. That's the only example. I'll get kicked if somebody doesn't like the posts.

1 hour ago, Mike12 said:

Returning the Confederate States relations was the example with Governor George Wallace. That was before the Constitutional 1st amendment that they're returning to. That's the only example. I'll get kicked if somebody doesn't like the posts.

George Wallace gave a speech about Confederate States relations before the 1st Amendment was created?

Do you have a link to that speech?

Edited by zapatos

That's a zinger. iNow says I left in a Delorean car the George Wallace speech. Might I be more interested to link this clip, especially since we already said Governor George Wallace didn't talk about "fire in a crowded theatre"... "

I guess I am slightly misunderstood. He doesn't get into detail that often on history specifics. There's 50 state flags out front of the Montgomery Capitol Building. Its a U.N. of States, in the future hope of a confederate meeting of the states at the Alabama capitol building again. Its where they met the first time. He meets all the Governors all the time. We had Articles of Confederation in the 1776-1789 period. Its alread a Nation. The 1789 Constitution forms the Union as a replacement and a 1st amendment, also a form of government of the Nation. Thats simple. They were both popular through the whole period, you can recall from all the Presidents of the period.

You know exactly what they Were saying in those Soviet Republics, is that you're leveraging your money against the people. That's Exactly what the Communists are saying right now! You know I'd happily ball up 100,000 dollars right now of money from pure labor and hand it where I Want, and live the rest of my life in a car and bread loaves, has been foreseen, no complaints, and I'd also Happily Murder the Communists that are a total lie. Its the Same Thing! It is no Difference to what has ever been done by me or anyone around at any time. Someone Fibbing they'll Survive talking about how they have seen any assets used to leverage anything on anyone. You can murder these communists and ship them back to South Korea in repatriation in unmarked boxes to be filled in big mass unmarked graves, it'll have its own PO Box. With houses and such, its like the Gucci movie on TV, like impress people with Plans, OK?! Did I own my grandparents or any assets or ever have aggressive behavior or think I could or have a slightly off the floor bent over bow in my back about everything? Its bent over double that lies are more suitable to most people in their conscience. 

You know free speech is totally in danger with these and all your other rights, a total deprecation of all your rights will happen all at the same time.

26 minutes ago, Mike12 said:

I'd also Happily Murder the Communists that are a total lie.

!

Moderator Note

References to the personal commitment of an illegal activity are forbidden, with the following qualifications: 

• References involving felonies are not acceptable and will be removed.

You also argue in bad faith, are often incoherent, and soapbox your positions without regard to comments made in discussion by other members. All of this has been mentioned to you, yet none of the behavior has changed. Our rules help make conversations meaningful, and our rigorous approach doesn't allow the kind of loose arguments you seem drawn to. Best of luck elsewhere, Mike12.

• 1 month later...

Freedom of Speech is one of the pillars of American Ideology of Liberty, Equality and Democracy. However, like any other idealistic proposals with  perpetual moral and humanitarian intentions, it is being circumvented by smart greedy politicians (or influentially powerful oligarchs) with their own hidden agenda. We know well how media, news outlets, etc. conditioned the minds of people based on this 'wisdom' but at the end, is nothing but deceitful lies. Still, it is the pubic opinion that judge every philosiphical and political stance. (That is what happening to my country's political arena for very long time now).

28 minutes ago, Sirjon said:

However, like any other idealistic proposals with  perpetual moral and humanitarian intentions, it is being circumvented by smart greedy politicians (or influentially powerful oligarchs) with their own hidden agenda

Can you please give an example?

Well, I am keep on watching CNN and accordingly,  there are news companies more leaning to Trump. On the other hand, Trump, in a way,  doesn't want to be interviewed by CNN and other news that is critical to him. So inmy personal opinion, freedom of speech now-a-days is nothing but a tag-a-war of propaganda and fake news, to condition the minds of the people.