My post has been scientifically proven!

Kermit

They honestly need to set a restriction on the use of "scientifically proven!" by those outside scientific research. I'm sick and tired of hearing new "wonder cures" on the TV that have absolutely no scientific basis at all and are probably just sugar pills marketed to the morons. Also:

- Germanium was "scientifically proven" to be a cure-all and prevent cancers and such by some crazy Japanese guy. Subsequently the FDA disproved it and even found it detrimental in large quantities in the body.

- Jews were "scientificially proven" by the Nazis to be inferior and were subsequently murdered.

- Nitrous oxide in tablet form is "scientifically proven" to somehow produce weight loss and increase healing rates when all it does is make you feel lightheaded and in large quantities is dangerous.

- Creationism was "scientifically proven" until Sayonara came along.

I can't stand the phrase and I can't stand how people actually think that every single thing around them, no matter how farfetched, is "scientifically proven". I swear, i'm going to be a hermit when i'm older.

I'm sick and tired of hearing new "wonder cures" on the TV that have absolutely no scientific basis at all and are probably just sugar pills marketed to the morons.

Ironically, the placebo effect is scientifically proven...

I actually groaned when I read the title and thought "not another one" sorry

Me too!

No argument on the original post.

To expand a bit, I also don't like it when science is confused with technology, or scientists are confused with engineers.

And while I am at it, science is a branch of natural philosophy, that doesn't mean all of natural philosophy is science.

Most creationists' date=' including this one, do not claim that creationism is scientifically proven, though your quote may be a bonafide one from some creationist. In fact when presenting what I believe to be something scientifically supportive to creationism or intelligent design, I use words such as hypothesis, rather than to claim theory status. I also sometimes use the acronym, [i']imo[/i], for which I have sometimes been chided by evolutionist debate counterparts who act as though they are debating proven stuff.

They honestly need to set a restriction on the use of "scientifically proven!" by those outside scientific research. I'm sick and tired of hearing new "wonder cures" on the TV that have absolutely no scientific basis at all and are probably just sugar pills marketed to the morons. Also:

- Germanium was "scientifically proven" to be a cure-all and prevent cancers and such by some crazy Japanese guy. Subsequently the FDA disproved it and even found it detrimental in large quantities in the body.

- Jews were "scientificially proven" by the Nazis to be inferior and were subsequently murdered.

- Nitrous oxide in tablet form is "scientifically proven" to somehow produce weight loss and increase healing rates when all it does is make you feel lightheaded and in large quantities is dangerous.

I can't stand the phrase and I can't stand how people actually think that every single thing around them' date=' no matter how farfetched, is "scientifically proven". I swear, i'm going to be a hermit when i'm older.[/quote']

Large quantities of selenium are deadly, as are large quantities of potassium. We can't live without either element.

Large quantities of selenium are deadly, as are large quantities of potassium. We can't live without either element.

One might receive large quantities of selenium relative to the minimum daily allowance supplementally for a period of time, nutritionally speaking and still live, the stated large quantity being within the maximum tollerance.

That's all nitpicking, though. That wasn't the point.

in our survey of 1 person, 100% preferred us over the other guy!

And that makes it scientifically proven that we're better!

Excuse me while I retrieve my chainsaw and hockey mask...

for which I have sometimes been chided by evolutionist debate counterparts who act as though they are debating proven stuff.

We are. Only intellectual dishonest individuals can seriously doubt the factuality evolution. Or morons. Which are you?

Mokele

I didn't think anything could be 'scientifically proven'. Scientific method is not set up to prove things. It is set up to disprove. The best you can hope for is to fail to disprove, in which case the hypothesis is 'accepted', not proven.