World overpopulation control

Moreno

I would be glad to know your opinion on possibility to use an airborne substance which is capable to reduce fertility rates in those countries where people cannot find a balance with surrounding environment and stabilize their population on their own. Such vaccine wouldn't be able to cause any harm to humans or even their purely sexual functions, but just make them infertile. I don't propose to use such a vaccine, of course, but would be glad to know an opinions on ethical and practical side of the question. There are predictions that all the tropical rainforests soon will gone forever, as well as majority of leaving species on Earth with them. Also there is a threat that weapon of mass destruction will get in hands of unstable regimes. There are a huge problems with migration/refugees.

Fertility rates by country: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/356rank.html#AM

1600px-A_large_blank_world_map_with_oceans_marked_in_blue[1].png

Edited by Moreno

You know what? It's pretty clear that you're here to push ugly as an agenda. I'm perfectly OK with your shitty personal outlook, and it's not my business why you disparage so many people, but we're not the place for your hate. You don't listen to the science, you ignore any detractors, and you attract other shitty people to the site. I don't say this a lot, but I just don't want you hear anymore. I've been defending your right to an opposing stance because it's good for others to practice standing up to bigotry and racism, but now I'm going to recommend you be banned. You're not healthy for a reasoning person to deal with, and if you aren't getting paid to be a shit-stirrer, you should probably look into that. 

People are not insects to be treated as pests. They are important and their lives have meaning. I cannot believe anyone would rekindle the idea of forced sterilization. It harkens back to some of the most odious acts in human history.

!

Moderator Note

I have sincere doubt that promoting forced sterilization will lead to productive discussions. Rather there should be a historic lesson into this types of attitudes in their results. For this reason this thread is locked pending moderator review. 

Just for clarification, advocating forced sterilization is genocide and we do not promote that here. In addition, it has been pointed out that most of the consumption of resources is in industrialized nations, so if sustainability was an actual concern it would be directed at those nations.