Oricycles

studiot

7 hours ago, studiot said:

Does anyone have any referencs to Oricycles ?

I can't seem to find any.

This is a (non Euclidian) geometrical question.

A good keyword for the search engine is the key.. ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=oricycles+mathematics

You just had to add "mathematics" to clear up results from tricycles and similar articles and receive what @joigus gave you above.

Edited by Sensei

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

A good keyword for the search engine is the key.. ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=oricycles+mathematics

You just had to add "mathematics" to clear up results from tricycles and similar articles and receive what @joigus gave you above.

Exactly. Combinatorics of words much more powerful than choices of single words. +1

2 hours ago, studiot said:

I will see if this fits the article I have.

I found a source on Google books where it called them "oricycles." Then I tried what @Sensei suggests with "oricycles"+"geometry." Seems to be the case that's old terminology that at some point shifted to "horocycles."

The diagrams and definitions/theorems on the book seemed very much to fit the ones on the Wikipedia article.

What year is the article? I'm just curious.

37 minutes ago, joigus said:

Exactly. Combinatorics of words much more powerful than choices of single words. +1

Unfortunately it is starting to be working worser and worser with time, because Google sells keywords to their ad customers and articles that you see on the top of chain of results are not truly from search engine, but from ad auction. https://ads.google.com/

You can see how much do you need to pay for specific keyword and statistics how many potential people will see it and how many potential people will click it.

Edited by Sensei

The book Non- Euclidian Geometry by Manning was originally published in 1901.

Here is the passage.

oricycle.jpg.9ab6500adbe13da4480452ea59e60f39.jpg

I did actually try adding  non euclidian and geometry, and boundary curves but can't remember if I just included mathematics.

Also tried Wolfram but no luck there.

Thankfully the theorory of horcycles appears in my Dan Pedoe's Geometry, a Comprehensive Course.

Thanks again to you both.

4 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Unfortunately it is starting to be working worser and worser with time, because Google sells keywords to their ad customers and articles that you see on the top of chain of results are not truly from search engine, but from ad auction. https://ads.google.com/intl/pl_pl/home/

You can see how much do you need to pay for specific keyword and statistics how many potential people will see it and how many potential people will click it.

Yes. Positioning your company is prostituting the internet. I remember a time when I was able to find exactly the page I was looking for by exactly reproducing the mistyping from the author. No longer the case. I'm confident in the fact the combinatorics grows factorially fast though. So probabilities to fall into an undesired ad are suppressed inversely to that.

2 hours ago, joigus said:

I remember a time when I was able to find exactly the page I was looking for by exactly reproducing the mistyping from the author. No longer the case.

"You need to put words in quotes"...

Does not work as good as in the past, but still you can find pages with the exact phrase used, as long as it is not the name of a company, product, marketing slogan or so.

Edited by Sensei