ESO images a planet forming around a star

Strange

That doesn't look like a disk. It looks like the James Bond logo.

858656294_ScreenShot05-22-20at10_50PM.JPG.6765f54efccaab31e22b80473f7d9c6e.JPG

That is a view from inside the barrel, the spiral all around is a 3D object, not a flat thing. The closer are around, the farther are in the centrer, like a tornado seen from its axis of rotation.

Misaki_7A.JPG

Or is that me?

47 minutes ago, michel123456 said:

Or is that me?

Yes. 🙂

(Actually, no. It does look quite like a tunnel. Lots of people online drew an analogy with the title sequence of Dr Who, for example.)

It would be interesting to observe the rotation rates of the center of the spiral as opposed to the outlying arms.
I would imagine the center is spinning much faster as the most mass has accumulated in the center ( much like the figure skater drawing in their arms ).
Or are they somewhat like galaxy rotations; fairly even out to the spirals because of 'hidden' mass.

IOW, does dark matter have any influence at all, in solar system formation ?

Beautiful, and tantalizing.

10 hours ago, MigL said:

It would be interesting to observe the rotation rates of the center of the spiral as opposed to the outlying arms.
I would imagine the center is spinning much faster as the most mass has accumulated in the center ( much like the figure skater drawing in their arms ).
Or are they somewhat like galaxy rotations; fairly even out to the spirals because of 'hidden' mass.

IOW, does dark matter have any influence at all, in solar system formation ?

Interesting question. My guess would be no, and that rotation of the accretion disks is mostly driven by local clustering in the accretion area of the newborn star.

I would concur on the dark matter not being a significant factor. The images strike me as being a solid application of density wave theorem. Which coincides with the more probable theorem explaining the rings of Saturn as well as the formation of spiral galaxies. In so far as the Spiral action is strikingly similar to Limblad resonances.

I would not be surprised if the density wave theorem is a viable model of the dynamics in the images above.

I would love to see a spectrograph image to see if different specific gravity of elements are being layered. The mass to luminosity ratios I can see in the images seem to support such layering.

Edited by Mordred

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.