physics books, help

auris

I am looking for decent physics books that would only include physics calculations and how to complete them. I couldn't find it anywhere so maybe someone could suggest a textbook/book

8 minutes ago, auris said:

I am looking for decent physics books that would only include physics calculations and how to complete them. I couldn't find it anywhere so maybe someone could suggest a textbook/book

It would be useful to know what level you are studying Physics at?

23 minutes ago, auris said:

they are physics calculations so I guess it doesn't matter too much

I think it matters a lot.

Physics equations can be as simple as F = ma

Or something like [math]i\hbar\frac{\partial}{\partial t} \Psi(\mathbf{r},t) = \left [ \frac{-\hbar^2}{2m}\nabla^2 + V(\mathbf{r},t)\right ] \Psi(\mathbf{r},t)[/math]

You really are making things difficult for yourself so I will let you into a little secret (well two secrets actually)

Firstly here is a physics calculation

New members are allowed up to 5 posts in the first twenty four hours and after your first three we are still in the dark about your needs.

Number of posts remaining today =  (5   -   number of posts wasted used)   = (5  -  3)  =  2 posts.

Secondly Physicists are very lazy, Physicists like writing equation down, but it's Engineers that like doing calculations with them.

This is OK since most of Engineering Science is actually Physics.

And there are many excellent books of 'engineering calculations' about this, that and the other (mechanics, electrics, fluids, gas dynamics ......and so on.)

What I am guessing you are looking for is what we call 'worked examples'

These are really good for study as they help understand the subject and the mathematical statement of it.

Also Physics is usually divided up into areas of study - Heat, light/optics, sound, electricity, mechancs, and so on.
You need to learn a bit of each and carry them forward from one level to the next.

From the beginning it is usual to start by learning what work and energy are and how the relate to forces.
The student is then in a postion to study into these matters in relation to heat, electricity motion, and so on.

A good book with lots of worked examples to make this start is

Mechanics and Properties of Materials by Stephenson.
This would be upper high school level stuff and into first year university.

But it doesn't matter where you are in the scheme of things.

Scienceforums will help you understand and calculate with either of the equations Strange mentioned, and many more besides.