Jump to content
Delberty

Should governors with no medical experience be allowed to

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

This violates our rule #1, which states that you aren’t allowed to post slurs against groups or individuals.

Other posts are threatening to cross the line of not being in good faith (rule 12)

 

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/nys-cuomo-criticized-over-highest-nursing-home-death-toll

Reality is nevertheless real

Why defend senseless deaths?

Edited by Delberty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Delberty said:

LOL does the 10th amendment nullify the 1st?  Churches are closed

Temporarily closing a church for the health  and safety of its congregants doesn’t prevent anyone from freely practicing their religion any more than closing a restaurant  prevents people from freely eating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iNow said:

Temporarily closing a church for the health  and safety of its congregants doesn’t prevent anyone from freely practicing their religion any more than closing a restaurant  prevents people from freely eating. 

Wrong because many churches run soup kitchens that were CLOSED

What part eludes you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Delberty said:

Wrong because many churches run soup kitchens that were CLOSED

What part eludes you?

Soup kitchens aren’t required for the free practice of religion, a free practice which is protected by the first amendment... the one you cited. 

You have a fascinating way of intentionally missing and misrepresenting other peoples points and of being willfully obtuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Wrong because many churches run soup kitchens that were CLOSED

What part eludes you?

The unsensible part, I would expect.

If you toned it down you might get your points across a little more readily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, iNow said:

Soup kitchens aren’t required for the free practice of religion, a free practice which is protected by the first amendment... the one you cited. 

You have a fascinating way of intentionally missing and misrepresenting other peoples points and of being willfully obtuse. 

Please explain how the first amendment exist if the 10th amendment can nullify it whenever a governor dictates that the first amendment no longer applies because of his or her dictatorial will

11 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

The unsensible part, I would expect.

If you toned it down you might get your points across a little more readily.

And if Lincoln toned it down African Americans would still be in chains

Edited by Delberty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MigL said:

Funny how people say we don't need social distancing/special precautions because Covid-19 is not that virulent.
When the reason for it not being 'so virulent', like the Spanish flu was, is exactly because of the efforts being put into social distancing and special precautions.

I keep seeing versions of this argument in my various social feeds:

”They told us this was going to overwhelm our hospitals and kill bunches of folks so locked everything down, then deaths only hit half their projected number and hospitals kept up with demand so they were obviously lying.”

It’s like, “hey, this parachute really slowed me down so I may as well take it off before now before reaching the ground.”

7 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Please explain how the first amendment exist if the 10th amendment can nullify it

No need since nothing even remotely similar to that is happening. 

8 minutes ago, Delberty said:

whenever a governor dictates that the first amendment no longer applies because of his or her dictatorial will

I’m not sure what your problem is, but I bet it’s hard to pronounce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, iNow said:

I keep seeing versions of this argument in my various social feeds:

”They told us this was going to overwhelm our hospitals and kill bunches of folks so locked everything down, then deaths only hit half their projected number and hospitals kept up with demand so they were obviously lying.”

It’s like, “hey, this parachute really slowed me down so I may as well take it off before now before reaching the ground.”

No need since nothing even remotely similar to that is happening. 

I’m not sure what your problem is, but I bet it’s hard to pronounce. 

Yes the first amendment rights of churches have been violated and many are suing.

Please try to keep up

I could post a link but I can't find a favorite out of the 43,800,000 that Google found

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&sxsrf=ALeKk00hkLu6sFaminMkN5xbJ7jDA_hDgA%3A1589591975886&ei=pz-_XqHONYHCytMPpt2IwA8&q=churches+suing+over+coronavirus&oq=churches+suing+&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgBMgIIADICCAAyBwgAEBQQhwIyBggAEAoQQzICCAAyBAgAEAoyBAgAEAoyAggAMgQIABAKMgIIADoECCMQJ1DRMljRMmDMUmgAcAB4AIABUYgBnAGSAQEymAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab

 

15 hours ago - WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Several conservative Christian leaders have filed a lawsuit against Gov. Roy Cooper pushing for courts to throw out ...
2 days ago - Chula Vista church sues Newsom, San Diego County over coronavirus stay-at-home orders. coronavirus.jpg. A scanning electron microscope ...
Apr 13, 2020 - Three Southern California churches sue Gov. Newsom over coronavirus orders. Gavin Newsom. The lawsuit seeks to block Gov. Gavin ...
May 4, 2020 - Ralph Northam after police cited a pastor for flouting a statewide ... DOJ sides with church suing Virginia governor over coronavirus lockdown.
May 8, 2020 - (AP) — Ten churches from around the state are suing Oregon Gov. Kate Brown, arguing her coronavirus stay-at-home orders are unconstitutional.
May 8, 2020 - Above: n this photo taken Tuesday, April 14, 2020, Gov. Gavin Newsom discusses an outline for what it will take to lift coronavirus restrictions ...
Apr 16, 2020 - Three southern California churches who want to remain open amid the coronavirus pandemic filed a lawsuit against Gov. Gavin Newsom and ...
Apr 14, 2020 - Three pastors are suing California officials over directives that have prevented worshipers from attending church service during the coronavirus ...
May 8, 2020 - In a federal lawsuit filed in Minnesota on Wednesday, the group alleges Walz's executive orders during the pandemic unfairly pick 'winners and ...

 

 

Edited by Delberty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Please explain how the first amendment exist if the 10th amendment can nullify it whenever a governor dictates that the first amendment no longer applies because of his or her dictatorial will

And if Lincoln toned it down African Americans would still be in chains

First of all ...no. But furthermore I think he did tone it down, which was much more persuasive, and Abolition happened sooner because of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln–Douglas_debates

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Delberty said:

the first amendment rights of churches have been violated and many are suing.

Please try to keep up

I’m trying hard to see things from your perspective, but alas I can’t seem to get my head that far up my own ass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, iNow said:

I’m trying hard to see things from your perspective, but alas I can’t seem to get my head that far up my own ass. 

And Delbert...INow's a Democrat!

(I Kid...I kid...:D)

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, iNow said:

Temporarily closing a church for the health  and safety of its congregants doesn’t prevent anyone from freely practicing their religion any more than closing a restaurant  prevents people from freely eating. 

Every person is a church. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

First of all ...no. But furthermore I think he did tone it down, which was much more persuasive, and Abolition happened sooner because of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln–Douglas_debates

Lincoln ordered the deaths of 600,000 Americans, that is certainly not turning it down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Lincoln ordered the deaths of 600,000 Americans, that is certainly not turning it down

Sent someone home with a cold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, iNow said:

I’m trying hard to see things from your perspective, but alas I can’t seem to get my head that far up my own ass. 

Supremely articulated.............................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Delberty said:

Supremely articulated.............................

Finally, you’ve said something reasonable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Sent someone home with a cold?

Actually Lincoln sent Grant to torch the South, Grant complied with the Presidents order

1 minute ago, iNow said:

Finally, you’ve said something reasonable. 

Don't be frustrated, the FBI failed too..............................

 

True story and I could tell you, but then I would have to..............................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Delberty said:

Actually Lincoln sent Grant to torch the South, Grant complied with the Presidents order

Now he actually sounds worse than Cuomo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Don't be frustrated, the FBI failed too..............................

It would seem I stopped eating paste several years before you. Do you have an actual on-topic point here, or are you just being an insecure troll who’s mommy doesn’t love him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Now he actually sounds worse than Cuomo...

History does not change to suit an individual..................

 

1 minute ago, iNow said:

It would seem I stopped eating paste several years before you. Do you have an actual on-topic point here, or are you just being an insecure troll who’s mommy doesn’t love him?

Actually if you are not interested in the topic of the thread why are you responding?

 

Edited by Delberty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Delberty said:

Actually if you are not interested in the topic of the thread why are you responding?

Why not?

Anyway, I reject your premise. I am interested. That’s why I want you to try making sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iNow said:

Why not?

Anyway, I reject your premise. I am interested. That’s why I want you to try making sense. 

Takes more effort though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iNow said:

Why not?

Anyway, I reject your premise. I am interested. That’s why I want you to try making sense. 

Don't be ashamed that you can't figure it out, the FBI had the same issue.

PS. Nobody checked my shoe phone storage chip

2 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Takes more effort though...

https://nypost.com/2020/04/28/more-blood-on-gov-cuomos-hands-amid-nursing-home-coronavirus-crisis-goodwin/

Stay on topic please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Don't be ashamed that you can't figure it out, the FBI had the same issue

Which one is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iNow said:

Which one is that?

SAP clearance required, internet disclosure prohibited.

Sorry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.