Should governors with no medical experience be allowed to

Delberty

Pass executive orders effecting the lives of Americans in a viral emergency.  Specifically should Andrew Cuomo have been allowed to force nursing homes to take infected covid 19 patients which resulted in the highest death rates in the country?  This happened even after the nursing home deaths in Seattle, so why did doctors or the CDC allow cuomo to make this reckless decision that resulted in the deaths of harmless americans.

I also wonder why the cdc, nsa, cia and doj are ignoring these deaths that were easily avoided. 

Edited by Delberty

Yes. The 10th amendment grants these types of police powers to the states, and their local legislatures have granted governors the and their executive authorities the equivalent power of law, whether that be proclamations or executive orders. 

As for anything being ignored, that seems like unsupported conspiracy thinking so I will be ignoring it as the trash it is. 

Edited by iNow

5 hours ago, iNow said:

Yes. The 10th amendment grants these types of police powers to the states, and their local legislatures have granted governors the and their executive authorities the equivalent power of law, whether that be proclamations or executive orders. 

As for anything being ignored, that seems like unsupported conspiracy thinking so I will be ignoring it as the trash it is. 

LOL does the 10th amendment nullify the 1st?  Churches are closed and many will never reopen all as starving people if allowed to would be turning to churches for help and yes the food they can not afford to buy.

https://churchleaders.com/smallgroups/small-group-blogs/147999-american-churches-going-bankrupt.html

So the fact is that freedom of religion is just a farce at this point and so is the 10th amendment.

Edited by Delberty

15 minutes ago, Delberty said:

So the fact is that freedom of religion is just a farce at this point and so is the 10th amendment.

See how much you have to torture that argument to get it to fit this situation? Is your/their freedom more important than my/our health? Are you fighting for your freedom to act like an idiot? 

11 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

See how much you have to torture that argument to get it to fit this situation? Is your/their freedom more important than my/our health? Are you fighting for your freedom to act like an idiot? 

I had this disease, so did my wife and son, we are all fine.  That said you did not answer as to what value the 1st amendment has if the 10th can nullify it completely.  

PS. You obviously have never seen torture. 

Edited by Delberty

6 hours ago, Delberty said:

Pass executive orders effecting the lives of Americans in a viral emergency.  Specifically should Andrew Cuomo have been allowed to force nursing homes to take infected covid 19 patients which resulted in the highest death rates in the country?  This happened even after the nursing home deaths in Seattle, so why did doctors or the CDC allow cuomo to make this reckless decision that resulted in the deaths of harmless americans.

I also wonder why the cdc, nsa, cia and doj are ignoring these deaths that were easily avoided. 

They didn't "allow" him to anymore than anyone else in New York State. He was elected democratically to make those types of decisions.

Hindsight is 2020...at best. In this case it looks like that was a mistake, but we still don't fully understand all we would like to know about Covid 19.

1 minute ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

They didn't "allow" him to anymore than anyone else in New York State. He was elected democratically to make those types of decisions.

Hindsight is 2020...at best. In this case it looks like that was a mistake, but we still don't fully understand all we would like to know about Covid 19.

I had covid 19, the common cold is worse, far worse.  

2 minutes ago, Delberty said:

I had covid 19, the common cold is worse, far worse.  

I think I can speak for everyone here and say we are glad you found it so, but that's anecdotal. Statistically it is far worse than a common cold.

2 minutes ago, MigL said:

Over 300 000 people, all over the world also had Covid-19.
They died.
Much worse than the common cold.

What point were you trying to make ?

80,000 Americans had the flu in 2018 and died, no one cared

3 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

I think I can speak for everyone here and say we are glad you found it so, but that's anecdotal. Statistically it is far worse than a common cold.

Seriously I have had worse sniffles from the common cold.  The weird thing is that the covid symptoms for me came over 4 days and none of them overlapped each other.  So unless you have had covid you do not have the experience that I have.  Perhaps if I was an overweight smoker with emphysema I might have kicked the bucket.  The fact is that every overweight smoker with emphysema is going to kick the bucket, some have do not resuscitate orders because they want to die after suffering from the effects of a lifetime of diligently paying cigarette taxes that fund the CDC

I get slightly over 34 000 from the CDC...

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

"CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza."

Are you sure you don't mean another year ?

1 minute ago, CharonY said:

Please do not make up numbers.

I didn't but I find it interseting that the only reason that you do not know that 80,000 Americans died from the flu in 2018 is because the media did not care enough to report this

LOL, next

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20180927/80000-americans-died-from-flu-last-year

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/flu-deaths-2017--2018-cdc-bn/index.html

Your apology is accepted

Just now, J.C.MacSwell said:

Almost 10 X that many Americans died from the Spanish Flu. 

100,000,000 died form the Spanish flu when the World population was 1,600,000,000, that was a pandemic

308,000 have now died of covid out of a population of 7,400,000,000

Do the math

4 minutes ago, MigL said:

I get slightly over 34 000 from the CDC...

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

"CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza."

Are you sure you don't mean another year ?

LOL the CDC is funded by tobacco taxes

Funny how people say we don't need social distancing/special precautions because Covid-19 is not that virulent.
When the reason for it not being 'so virulent', like the Spanish flu was, is exactly because of the efforts being put into social distancing and special precautions.

2 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

...and despite much greater efforts to mitigate it than the Flu in 2018.

Actually the worthless treatment of taking antibodies from the infected and recovered to active cases was in use in 1918

Didn't work then either

2 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Well if serial killers like Andrew Cuomo were not sending infected people into nursing homes the death tolls would be a lot less

We have a lot of deaths in nursing homes in Canada also.
Maybe it has to do with compromised immunity, not location.

Politicians also send people to war, and many die.
Again, what point are you trying to make ?

11 minutes ago, Delberty said:

I didn't but I find it interseting that the only reason that you do not know that 80,000 Americans died from the flu in 2018 is because the media did not care enough to report this

LOL, next

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20180927/80000-americans-died-from-flu-last-year

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/flu-deaths-2017--2018-cdc-bn/index.html

Your apology is accepted

100,000,000 died form the Spanish flu when the World population was 1,600,000,000, that was a pandemic

308,000 have now died of covid out of a population of 7,400,000,000

Do the math

LOL the CDC is funded by tobacco taxes

Check the updated CDC numbers https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html. The have updated the data considerably, though it is true that that year was pretty bad. I will acknowledge that you actually did see the number somewhere, and did not make it up. My apologizes. Your propensity to make unsubstantiated claims have tainted my assumptions. 

It does how show that even with all the restrictions the US has outpaced some of the worst annual outbreaks. You can clearly see that not having them in place would make things worse, no?

9 minutes ago, CharonY said:

Check the updated CDC numbers https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html. The have updated the data considerably, though it is true that that year was pretty bad. I will acknowledge that you actually did see the number somewhere, and did not make it up. My apologizes. Your propensity to make unsubstantiated claims have tainted my assumptions. 

It does how show that even with all the restrictions the US has outpaced some of the worst annual outbreaks. You can clearly see that not having them in place would make things worse, no?

It would also help if governors who knew that covid killed the old due to the first outbreaks in Seattle did not order nursing homes to take covid positive patients which MASSIVELY added to the death toll

andrew-cuomo-killed-my-mom.jpg

26 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Well if serial killers like Andrew Cuomo were not sending infected people into nursing homes the death tolls would be a lot less

!

Moderator Note

This violates our rule #1, which states that you aren’t allowed to post slurs against groups or individuals.

Other posts are threatening to cross the line of not being in good faith (rule 12)