Absolute crap opinion hijack (split from Covid-19 vaccines thread)

Delberty

10 hours ago, zapatos said:

Citation please.

Again, what were the results of the viral and/or antibody tests? Did you get tested?

It is common knowledge that people who are exposed to the most viruses at younger age as those in daycare do better with viruses and have fewer allergies later in life.  Me tested, nope as I was infected before the lockdown, I have an employee who was severely sick and he went to his doctor twice and to a state testing center twice and they refused to test him, I recommended he get tested because he also has asthma.  So they were not testing all ill people just those that they were reasonably sure had covid.  It's like this, I was painting once and fell off the ladder and broke my arm.  My arm was broken, I did not go to the hospital for a test to show that my arm was broken as it hurt and was bent really wrong.  However when you go to any doctor they refuse to accept that you know your arm is broken until they say it is.  All doctors request 50 thousand dollars of unneeded test that they get a kickback from and you get the radiation from the test.  So my arm was broken and I had covid, and this does not matter on what any doctor says because I actually know more about my own body than all of them put together, which is why I deadlift 400lbs and can ride 50 miles on my race bike.  Doctors need sick people to make money, exercise gives life

9 hours ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

Slurs or prejudice against any group of people (or person) are prohibited. You can do better than such generalizations.

I have never had a doctor that told me the complete truth, as I test them.

One doctor did not know that celiac disease eats away at the small intestine resulting in blood in the stool, as I ask him if celiac could cause bloody stool and he said no.  He either did not know this which makes him unqualified to treat me or he ignored the yes answer in order to do unneeded testing

Another doctor told me that a hemorrhoid bleed could not cause anemia and he got angry when I told him that I actually knew I was anemic and was already taking supplemental iron.

So I have never found a doctor as competent at diagnosis as I am because I always diagnose myself correct.  Others may not be so talented

9 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Why do you think this? (bolded part)

My thoughts about doctors are based upon the experiences with doctors that I have  had, so I do not think this I know this is true in my case.

10 hours ago, CharonY said:

There is a lot of false information there. 

-Without testing you do not know what you had. Making medical assumption based on gut feeling is really bad idea. 

-Influenza is not 100% symptomatic. Estimates are difficult (for obvious reasons). Longitudinal tests based on serological studies tend to estimate above 75% of asymptomatic cases (e.g. Hayward et al. Lancet 2014) . Note that influenza is much better investigated than COVID-19 and there are still a lot of unknowns and with influenza there are widely divergent estimates. The only thing we know with certainty is that your assertion is entirely unfounded.

-  Asserting that your feeling trumps actual data via testing is utterly ridiculous. Of course MDs should order tests. One might call it evidence-based medicine or just common sense. Acting on anything else is basically endangering oneself and others.

- The unknown regarding immunity is actually correct. We only have limited data suggesting that there may be immunity, but we need to collect more. Also serological testing (but not, say gut feeling) can provide additional evidence of duration of immunity.

I believe in 2017 and 2018 there were 32 million flu victims and 80,000 dead.  If covid is more infectious this dictates that there are far more than 32 million victims and not less.  Without testing we can not know this is true, however the fact remains that the more who are tested the lower the mortality drops.

It's math not subject to supposition

Edited by Delberty

1 hour ago, Delberty said:

I believe in 2017 and 2018 there were 32 million flu victims and 80,000 dead.  If covid is more infectious this dictates that there are far more than 32 million victims and not less. 

Obviously not. You may not have noticed, but greater efforts have been made to stop the spread of Covid-19 (because it is both more infectious and dangerous).

And your numbers are not very accurate:

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

(But I suppose you are able to estimate these numbers more accurately than CDC)

43 minutes ago, Strange said:

Obviously not. You may not have noticed, but greater efforts have been made to stop the spread of Covid-19 (because it is both more infectious and dangerous).

And your numbers are not very accurate:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

(But I suppose you are able to estimate these numbers more accurately than CDC)

My numbers are accurate

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20180927/80000-americans-died-from-flu-last-year

Again 32 million had the flu and since covid is more infectious obviously more people have or had covid

http://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/03/03/flu-update

The CDC predicted 2.2 million deaths and put 36 million Americans out of work.  Andy Cuomo ordered nursing homes to take covid patients and killed thousands.

You follow your leader. I will lead

Edited by Delberty

12 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Again 32 million had the flu and since covid is more infectious obviously more people have or had covid

That very obviously does not follow.

13 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Interesting discrepancy, because they seem to be quoting the CDC. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

That very obviously does not follow.

Interesting discrepancy, because they seem to be quoting the CDC. 

Do you believe that the government always tells the public the truth.

A yes

B no

There is no in between 

3 minutes ago, Delberty said:

Do you believe that the government always tells the public the truth.

A yes

B no

There is no in between 

Irrelevant. Your ink quotes the same source (a doctor from the CDC, a government agency).

46 minutes ago, Strange said:

Irrelevant. Your ink quotes the same source (a doctor from the CDC, a government agency).

Which is why I point to the CDC contradicting themselves.

Did 2.2 million die or was the CDC wrong?

Again do you believe that the government always tells the American people the truth?

Edited by Delberty

16 hours ago, Delberty said:

All doctors do is lie so that we get more tests

Please stop flinging wild accusations about : It does not help what is  a difficult situation for everybody.

You have yet to acknowledge my refutation of your last totally incorrect statement in this thread.

Here is the naked truth about another one.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/929771?faf=1&src=soc_fb_200506_mscpmrk_ous_int_uk_single_covid_inactive&fbclid=IwAR3gt1kN1nW6P4U2I6jsG8hd_9h1mghFELmF6oYTC3oNJkyz69Dx4lbZVdU

Just now, studiot said:

Please stop flinging wild accusations about : It does not help what is  a difficult situation for everybody.

You have yet to acknowledge my refutation of your last totally incorrect statement in this thread.

Here is the naked truth about another one.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/929771?faf=1&src=soc_fb_200506_mscpmrk_ous_int_uk_single_covid_inactive&fbclid=IwAR3gt1kN1nW6P4U2I6jsG8hd_9h1mghFELmF6oYTC3oNJkyz69Dx4lbZVdU

It is a false belief that masks protect the wearer.  The fact is that masks protect others if the wearer is infected.  This is true in every country Germany included

6 minutes ago, studiot said:
16 hours ago, Delberty said:

All doctors do is lie so that we get more tests

Please stop flinging wild accusations about

That has nothing to do with the rational analysis of your statement which was a wild accusation. Of course it is not all doctors do, whether they lie or not about anything at all, and I know some do sometimes, they are human after all.

And you still have not acknowledged your previous nonsense, was that due to ignorance or deliberate?

Edited by studiot

3 minutes ago, studiot said:

That has nothing to do with the rational analysis of your statement which was a wild accusation. Of course it is not all doctors do, whether they lie or not about anything at all, and I know some do sometimes, they are human after all.

Why did the governor of ny order that all nursing homes accept covid positive patients into all nursing homes causing thousands of unnecessary deaths, after the deaths at a Seattle nursing home and why did the CDC not step in to block this deadly decision?

Edited by Delberty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.