Question about axis of rotation and center of gravity

SilentSky23

1 hour ago, joigus said:

Yeah, I was pigeonholed in my theoretical mind. Couldn't think about fluids and the like. The OP I think was talking about sth. like biomechanics.

Sorry on my part: Yes! Everything rotation-based in physics changes when you displace the centre of mass, or the centre of gravity if you rotate about the same axis.

The best example I can think of is a pole dancer. These girls must really get some joint lesions from the stress of rotating out of centre.

No need to say sorry. I say I need to say that for not articulating the question well enough in the first place.

11 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

When someone says COG they usually mean COM.

I agree that what you really want to say is COM, not COG.

9 hours ago, MigL said:

Psssstt.
We don't call them pole dancers; It's the 'ballet'.

LOL. But it really is the best example I can think of.

10 hours ago, SilentSky23 said:

No need to say sorry. I say I need to say that for not articulating the question well enough in the first place.

Thank you, but not your fault in any case. I've got myself in lots of trouble throughout the years for not reading the wording of a problem carefully. The question, I think, is very reasonable. The wording without mathematical formulas or diagrams, is generally tricky.

Edited by joigus
editing a laugh