Concentrated Hydrochloric Acid

Hi,

I can't find much information about concentrated hydrochloric acid and the uses for it. I find much information about regular hydrochloric acid, for exemaple that it is used to regulare pH in stuff and are additives in food. Can you plz give me some examples of what concentrated hydrochloric acid is used for and how it differs from regular hydrochloric acid.

It's concentrated, i.e. stronger.
I've used it once or twice, to clean oil stains on the concrete driveway.
( I change my own automotive oil )

Sweep it in with a whisk broom, and neutralize with lots of baking soda.
 When  pH paper shows neutral, you've made salt, water and CO2.
( and wear PPE, the stuff fumes badly )

On 5/13/2020 at 10:00 AM, Carl Fredrik Ahl said:

Hi,

I can't find much information about concentrated hydrochloric acid and the uses for it. I find much information about regular hydrochloric acid, for exemaple that it is used to regulare pH in stuff and are additives in food. Can you plz give me some examples of what concentrated hydrochloric acid is used for and how it differs from regular hydrochloric acid.

If you buy commercial hydrochloric acid- unless you specify a different concentration- you will get concentrated hydrochloric acid.

Other solutions are made by dilution of the acid.

The name is not a description of the manufacturing process.