Section for Questions

ALine

I have a tendency to ask a lot of questions so I started this thread to obtain answers from a bunch of different topics in a centralized and easy to refer to space.

This is to both prevent me making a bunch of different threads and condensing it all into a single area to have my questions answered.

First question, is there like a single mathematics book that does not have all of the analogous "fluff" between the "definitions, processes, examples,  connections, and excersises?" Going from a foundational level to an advanced level. Walking the student through all what is currently known about the given field? One in which a, lets say, 10 year old child can go from being a student to a master in his time reading it?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Just as an aside: personally, I would prefer that you ask the questions in the appropriate sub-forum. Partly because you might end up with a lot of (interesting) discussion about one or more questions, and that could get confusing (and difficult to split out into separate threads.

Also, you might get a better response in the appropriate forum because some people only read stuff that is posted in Math or Physics or whatever.

(I am posting this as both an ordinary member and as a moderator; which is why it is not highlighted as a Mod Note.)

But good luck with the book search!

3 hours ago, Strange said:

Just as an aside: personally, I would prefer that you ask the questions in the appropriate sub-forum. Partly because you might end up with a lot of (interesting) discussion about one or more questions, and that could get confusing (and difficult to split out into separate threads.

Also, you might get a better response in the appropriate forum because some people only read stuff that is posted in Math or Physics or whatever.

(I am posting this as both an ordinary member and as a moderator; which is why it is not highlighted as a Mod Note.)

But good luck with the book search!

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. However I was unsure if me posting in different areas would affect the science forums server itself. Did not wish to be eat up resources just to get a few questions answered. Would it be possible to discontinue this thread? Apologies for the inconvenience. 

12 minutes ago, ALine said:

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. However I was unsure if me posting in different areas would affect the science forums server itself. Did not wish to be eat up resources just to get a few questions answered. Would it be possible to discontinue this thread? Apologies for the inconvenience. 

I wouldn't worry. There are over 1 million posts already. And one thread which consists of nothing but videos. So I think the forum can cope!

1 minute ago, Strange said:

I wouldn't worry. There are over 1 million posts already. And one thread which consists of nothing but videos. So I think the forum can cope!

ok good :D

Edited by ALine
changed "ok,good" to "ok good", the first one seemed more menacing