Split from: Are the weirdnesses of QM still regarded as mysteries to be resolved?

GaryV

I think all the information is already there.  No one has been able to put all the pieces together.  If you merge a new interpretation of String Theory with QM and Relativity, you can explain things.  String theory proves that the universe exists in more than 4 dimensions.  Relativity shows us that the universe works in a fluidic manner.  If you assume that the extra dimensions of string theory is the missing fluid fabric of the universe, and the curled up dimensions are the molecules of the fluid, you explain a lot.  With this concept quantum particles are in fact both particles and waves.  They are waves in the extra dimensions.  At the points where the wave reaches a resonance with the Planck Energy, the wave manifests as a particle in our 4 dimensions.

In this concept, the double slit experiment is explained as such.  As a particle passes through both slits, the energy continues onward and is absorbed by the detector.  The detector only recognizes points where the energy exceeds the Planck Energy.  So as the individual particles impact the detector, the rest of the wave interferes and only the points where the energy is not conflicting will be great enough.  This is my explanation.  I have seen some new research parallel the conclusions I draw from this concept.  What do you think?

19 hours ago, GaryV said:

If you merge a new interpretation of String Theory with QM and Relativity, you can explain things.

!

Moderator Note

Please do. This is our Speculations section. You need to defend assertions like this with supportive evidence, examples, and reasoning. Math is the language of physics, so any maths you can add to increase clarity and understanding is much appreciated. 

Be rigorous, and explain where/why you're changing any accepted definitions to mainstream science. Don't just mention studies, cite them. Link to research you think supports your ideas, to give the members a chance to check your work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 11:54 PM, GaryV said:

The detector only recognizes points where the energy exceeds the Planck Energy.

The Planck energy is roughly 2x109 J. That's enough energy to melt a tonne of steel and about a quadrillion times higher frequency more than the highest energy gamma ray photon ever detected.

What do you think?

You might need to put a bit more detailed analysis into this idea.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 5:54 PM, GaryV said:

The detector only recognizes points where the energy exceeds the Planck Energy.

More than likely confusion between Planck energy and Planck's constant.
( which is related to quantum of action )

6 hours ago, MigL said:

More than likely confusion between Planck energy and Planck's constant.
( which is related to quantum of action )

MigL, you may be correct.

What I was trying to refer to was something I learned a while ago; that all particles quanta of energy are multiples of a specific number.  It was my understanding that the number was the quantum of energy and the place I learned it referred to it as the Planck Energy.  No I don't remember where.