A/C for Room Virus Removal

Airbrush

35 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Does that mean you're less dead?

Your missing the point; you can be happy to wear a seatbelt...😉

A good percentage of the time yes, it means you would have survived where you otherwise would have perished.

On topic, good ventilation design for Covid risk reduction should reduce risk of Covid spread and subsequent deaths.

Eventually of course we'll all be dead, but as long as we are happy it would seem reasonable to delay it as long as possible.

2 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

A good percentage of the time yes, it means you would have survived where you otherwise would have perished.

You do know we all will perish, right?

The variable here is how we get there, I choose the happy route... 

12 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

On topic, good ventilation design for Covid risk reduction should reduce risk of Covid spread and subsequent deaths.

Outdoors would be better...

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Does that mean you're less dead?

Your missing the point; you can be happy to wear a seatbelt...😉

Why do people wear a mask while they are driving a car?  It doesn't bother them.  When the weather is cold, a mask is comfortable.  You can be happy to wear a mask, and happier to know the business you entered indoors is trying to keep the air free from Covid by improved ventilation.

14 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Generally speaking, but we can't do everything outdoors. What we can do is try to improve indoors to reduce the difference.

It's akin to having a 100mtr journey, and buying a new car just to wear a seatbelt instead of walking. There's plenty of thing's we can do to reduce risk without spending money.

22 hours ago, dimreepr said:

How is that better than outside?

Because you can't move all economic activity outside.  Shall we just stop doing business indoors?

7 hours ago, dimreepr said:

It's akin to having a 100mtr journey, and buying a new car just to wear a seatbelt instead of walking. There's plenty of thing's we can do to reduce risk without spending money.

I don't agree with your "akin."  There are "plenty of things" we can do outside, so we don't need to use indoor assets?  Costco should move everything into their parking lots?  Why did Costco install giant ceiling fans over the check out stands?  You are suggesting that indoor spaces should no longer be used until the virus is 100% gone, and that's absurd.

Edited by Airbrush

On 11/12/2020 at 10:00 AM, Airbrush said:

Why did my Costco installed giant ceiling fans above the checkout stands?  To suck the air upwards.

This seems to be the recommendation when ceiling fans are used.

examples:

• "Rooms where ceiling fans are used should have an upward airflow rotation".

http://www.algomapublichealth.com/disease-and-illness/infectious-diseases/novel-coronavirus/covid-19-advice-religious-services-rites-and-ceremonies/

or  "When using ceiling or portable fans, use upward airflow rotation":

.https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/8d59-Fact-Sheet_Novel-Coronavirus.pdf

but no explanation whatsoever as to why...

They must have gotten it from somewhere.

I would suggest, without knowing their reasoning, that ceiling fans on their own aren't great in either direction without knowing more about the air flow patterns that they facilitate.

Upward flow where people tend to accumulate may be better than downward turbulence directed at them (and then heading toward others), but why should the air not be drawn downward as laminarly as feasible and removed or filtered?

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

21 hours ago, Airbrush said:

Because you can't move all economic activity outside.  Shall we just stop doing business indoors?

I've visited my local shop everyday this year (indoors); and their total spend is, a screen at the till and a hand sanitiser at the door; I remain covid free; and a vaccine is now on the horizon... 😉 

17 minutes ago, iNow said:

The Costco fans have all generally existed for years and well before covid

Not in my local Costco.  The half dozen giant ceiling fans were installed less than a month ago.  Costco has very high ceilings.  The fans lift the air up to the ceiling and may keep it up there until the water droplets have evaporated and the virus is left high and dry, perhaps killing it in minutes? 

Health can be improved through better movement of the air and better circulation can reduce spread even if this movement doesn’t specifically kill the virus. 

Edited by iNow

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=costco+installed+giant+ceiling+fans&ru=%2fvideos%2fsearch%3fq%3dcostco%2binstalled%2bgiant%2bceiling%2bfans%26qpvt%3dcostco%2binstalled%2bgiant%2bceiling%2bfans%26FORM%3dVDRE&view=detail&mid=390EE5706D734469D54F390EE5706D734469D54F&&FORM=VDRVSR

Once the warm air reaches the ceiling by means of giant ceiling fans, all you need to do is have smaller vents sucking the air out the ceiling.  I don't know if they are doing that.

Edited by Airbrush

• 1 year later...

A system called HVAC, or heating, ventilation, and cooling, purifies your air and distributes warm or chilly air depending on the environment you need. HVAC systems are valued for their energy-saving principles and are installed by professional technicians. An HVAC system is being installed in more and more homes as a way to control air pollution.