Famotidine an ethical question?

jajrussel

I read an article that says they noticed that Chinese  peasants dealing with covid seemed to be doing better than their rich counter parts the aparent difference being famotidine. So, now they are going to do a study. Apparently, where they use 9 times the usual dose.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/health/famotidine-coronavirus-northwell-trial/index.html

It explains the study to a small degree. Maybe I should not question it in the ethics section? Maybe I should not question it at all. I take meds that help and I take meds that seem to have side effects to the effect that I pick up my tablet then stare at it trying to remember what it was I wanted to do. There are times when my mind seems okay. Which is when I start to question. Yet when I question I am told that I am not thinking clearly.

For instance Keppra can lead to aggressive behavior. There is another word or two for it but at the moment aggressive is the one I remember. Luckily, there is a med for that. The problem being that I already take meds for high blood pressure and taking meds that calm also tend to lower blood pressure, and then well that can be a problem.

The thing is I have a tendency to question medications not to the extent where I throw them all away wait three days then go buy a decent bottle of Irish cream. Not yet anyway. Yes I have thought about it. I mentioned it once, and the remark was made well that is one way to commit suicide to which my thought was well, that is stupid, why would I wait three days if I wanted to commit suicide. Essentially, it remained a thought unexpressed because something's said are taken so seriously that further conversation is pointless because the drugs make my mind wonder and the humor I was trying to convey would be wasted on the mood brought about by my attempt at humor.

Hmm, I'm wondering. I think I understand why my mind is working the way it is , I think it is the drugs prescribed for my well being, so I tend to question. My first question would be why nine times the normal dose? Followed by, how many Chinese peasants, if the reason they take famotidine is, because they are peasants, would be taking nine times the normal amount. Why would they state normal dose giving no indication of what normal is. Then they stress not the pills don't run out and buy the pills off the shelf, then more cautions, followed by more cautions.

I am to the point of being afraid to question. Am I the one asking the question, or is it just the pills? To me this kind of article written in this manner seems unethical with a purpose. I certainly hope that famotidine is an answer to life opposed to dying, but I would think that suggesting that nine times the normal amount might be the difference, would be just as unethical as suggesting that injecting or ingesting Lysol simply because under the right conditions it acts as a deterrent to the virus. Am I wrong?

Edited by jajrussel

2 hours ago, jajrussel said:

I read an article that says they noticed that Chinese  peasants dealing with covid seemed to be doing better than their rich counter parts the aparent difference being famotidine. So, now they are going to do a study. Apparently, where they use 9 times the usual dose.

It is just anecdotal, so pretty useless at this point, we will have to wait for the actual study to see if there is anything to it.