Build you own Quantum Computer - 36C3

zeshadow

Build you own Quantum Computer ---- Main goal of this video is to build a cheap and affordable quantum computer

I am just reposting this video on scienceforums because of lack of reviews and discussion on youtube , it needs more discussion .... The self-proclaimed quantum computer builder is stuck on one of the main part of building quantum computer and he had already spent 15000 euro at the present moment to build it ... He needs to find a way to change and read their quantum states but the laser setup is very costly ...

The rest of the article is for noobies who don't have a clue that whats going on  .......

Quantum technologies are often only over-hyped showed as threat for cybersecurity …
 But they also offer some opportunities to enhance the cybersecurity landscape
 . As an example, you may know that a quantum computer will be able to break
 RSA keys but Quantum communication technologies can also provide a new way to
 exchange securely a cipher key. More, with Quantum networking technologies, 
communication eavesdropping are , by design, detectable and thus this could lead 
to some good opportunities to use them to enhance cybersecurity. Some even begins
 to build a Quantum internet ! We may also solve main security issues face by 
cloud computation (privacy, confidentiality etc) via the 
use of "Blind quantum computation" in the cloud.

In this talk, we aim to explain how this new type of much powerful digital processing works and how we build our own Quantum computer …without a Phd in quantum physic. We will describe our plan to build the Quantum computer's hardware with hacker’s style. Through our own experiments, we will discuss our failures, our success, our progress around this challenging goal !

Come to see part of the hardware we build at the moment. We use the "Trapped ion technology". We trap atoms to make powerful calculation & computing task! Be prepared to unlock your quantum brain as this new domain is really different for classical computation ;-) but it can enhance the Cybersecurity world

Our goal : Bring the knowledge that Quantum computing works, explain how they make such power calculation at hardware level, is doable at home and will provide a new way to do secure computing and communication for the best of the humanity

Proposal Agenda

-Quantum computer 101 (one slide to be able to understand the basic of quantum mechanic w/o FUD)

-Why those Quantum computer are so powerful

-How to break things with quantum computers

-How to improve the security level of modern network with quantum technologies (Networking, blind quantum computing for 100%privacy in the cloud, cipher key security, quantum internet & more)

-How a Quantum computer based on Trapped ions technology works to do their magic super powerful calculation (at hardware level)

-How we build our own quantum computer hardware at home (in our military grade High Tech...Garage!) with hacker style & open source software (Contain full video of the buildings of our Quantum computer)

Edited by zeshadow
Text alignment

1 hour ago, taeto said:

Is this not an engineering topic?

Maybe or may not be ;

• If we have to think only about laser setup , then it goes into engineering topic.
  • But this man is an engineer and as he says that he has not any Phd in quantum physics ... so would you believe any word of him who just surfed the internet to build his incomplete quantum computer ... his unfinished project and no deep understanding of quantum physics makes this topic a speculation . And thus needs to be reviewed by the lol scientists of "scienceforums.net"
  • This topic can also be included in quantum physics or computer science for the whole review of this video , may be as a mere human some errors may have been occurred by him  ... so that's why i posted it here.... now i am gonna post it on every related topic(quantum physics , computer science and engineering)

14 minutes ago, zeshadow said:

now i am gonna post it on every related topic(quantum physics , computer science and engineering)

!

Moderator Note

That would be against our rules. One thread per topic.

Also, if you're just posting this because you didn't get enough hits on YouTube, that's against our rules too.

We can discuss the science of building this computer, but we will NOT be discussing your video. That's not what we do here.

2 minutes ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

That would be against our rules. One thread per topic.

Also, if you're just posting this because you didn't get enough hits on YouTube, that's against our rules too.

We can discuss the science of building this computer, but we will NOT be discussing your video. That's not what we do here.

• You are late Phi , my other thread is already closed ... and may be it was just a test to see that "scienceforums.net" actually give a damn to my threads but they are superfast at blocking threads instead of discussing about it.
  • Its not my youtube video ... i have nothing to do with hits
  • Actually i am here for discussion of this topic which you will only gain insight by watching the video... but what i am seeing here is the discussion of your rules not my topic

2 minutes ago, zeshadow said:
  • Actually i am here for discussion of this topic which you will only gain insight by watching the video.
!

Moderator Note

OK then. Until you can present this in written form, it can't be discussed meaningfully here. Reviewing videos is NOT what we're interested in here. There are other places though, and we wish you the best of luck. Again, come back when you have your questions available for written discussion. Thanks for understanding.