Nothing is infinite

motlan

All physics equations are essentially functions.  All functions extend infinitely.  In the case of E=MC squared because mass and energy is conserved the function on the graph cannot extend forever it will come to an abrupt halt in converting mass into energy.  The term terminal velocity describes why nothing can accelerate forever.  The velocity of the object or particle will render the function finite.  In the case of relativity which states an object with mass would require an infinite amount of inertial mass and kinetic energy as it approaches infinitely closer to the speed of light.  Due to terminal velocity that function which extends infinitely on a graph will end short.  The function of an expanding universe should expand the universe infinitely but due to critical density the universes expansion comes to a complete halt also displayed on the graph of the function.  The infinite time loop should end the progression of time and make the universe last forever.  However even though time does not advance in a time loop, the time frames from which events happen must still advance forward.  Future predictions of the future time frames will show the course of the universe in full swing with possibly no adverse issues.  Like all functions it does extend infinitely into the future. All physics variables in the graph of a function is either conserved or terminal.  So real time will eventually come to a halt even while the future time frames extend infinitely.  Remember the future time frames of events is an illusion until real time experiences it.  So when real time comes to a halt, the previous future predictions no longer exist.  There is no way to predict future real time because real time can only be experienced in the present moment.  Terminal means real time can end 100,000 years or more into the future or it can end tomorrow.  And since there is a scientifically proven God, may God have mercy on us all at the  end of real time.  The time loop no longer guarantees infinity because it is at the mercy of the time frames.

Edited by motlan
additonal information

17 minutes ago, motlan said:

All functions extend infinitely.  In the case of E=MC squared because mass and energy is conserved the function on the graph cannot extend forever it will come to an abrupt halt in converting mass into energy. 

Energy is not conserved on cosmological scales (because energy conservation only applies to a single frame of reference).

Also, if the universe is infinite (and we have no way of knowing if it is or not) then there is no limit to the mass-energy.

Due to terminal velocity that function which extends infinitely on a graph will end short. 

Actually it will approach c asymptotically. Which means it will never quite reach c; even after infinite time.

The function of an expanding universe should expand the universe infinitely but due to critical density the universes expansion comes to a complete halt also displayed on the graph of the function. 

That was thought to be the case. But the discovery of dark energy suggest it is more likely to keep expanding forever, and expand at an increasing rate.

The infinite time loop

What is "the infinite time loop"?

And how can there be one if nothing is infinite?

And since there is a scientifically proven God

No there isn't.

And I assume your god is eternal, with infinite knowledge and power. Therefore it cannot exist according to you.

may God have mercy on us all at the  end of real time.

Preaching is against the rules of the forum.

So, in summary a series of incorrect and/or ignorant statements, followed by some incoherent noises, followed by a appeal to a mythical being. Not sure what you have posted this on a science forum.

!

Moderator Note

I am feeling generous, so I have moved this to Speculations, rather than Trash, in case you want to try and defend this drivel.

you responded energy is not conserved on cosmological scales.

When the space though which particles move is changing, the total energy of those particles is not conserved.  The application of bending space-time in the time loop served to end the progression of time as the universal time frames still advances.  That translates to a universe that no longer expands and technically the sun will shine indefinitely.  If there is no increasing evolution of time, there is no increase in energy in the universe.  Energy is now conserved.  The increasing evolution of energy is terminated.  It was through recent physics that brought back time and therefore the energy content no longer change.  The universe is no longer infinite, there is now a limit to the mass-energy content.  

you responded the velocity of mass approach C asymptotically. which  means it will never reach C, even after infinite time.

you misunderstood my explanation.  imagine the function of the graph with kinetic energy on the y axis and velocity on the x axis.  A vertical line C (speed of light) extends up from the velocity axis.  the function calls for a line which curves infinitely as it approaches C but never reaching it.  by the laws of physics at some point that curved line will stop advancing because it cannot harbor infinite inertial mass and kinetic energy.  the object of mass will coast at constant velocity.  That still means the curved line in this function comes to a halt on the graph no longer coming closer to C.  As I have explained all physics variables are either conserved or terminal.  And because of the time loop, all physics variables are terminated.  What physicists don't have control of is the advancement of the time frames.  Eventually real-time time frame will be terminated even though future time frames extend infinitely just as all functions extend infinitely only to be terminated some time before infinity.  There is a scientifically proven God by my reference to guided evolution and that intelligent life had to evolve otherwise why would there exist a Quantum realm in the first place.  Everything including the universe is finite in the time frames.  All else outside the boundaries of the frames are infinite.  Please defend your argument, I have much to learn and would like to discuss physics to confirm my initial theories.

1 hour ago, motlan said:

The application of bending space-time in the time loop served to end the progression of time as the universal time frames still advances.

What is a "time loop"?

1 hour ago, motlan said:

That translates to a universe that no longer expands and technically the sun will shine indefinitely. 

Well, the first of those is probably wrong. And the second is definitely wrong.

Apart from which, how can the sun shine indefinitely if, according to you, everything is finite. You are contradicting yourself.

1 hour ago, motlan said:

Energy is now conserved. 

And still no.

Just repeating something erroneous doesn't magically make it true.

1 hour ago, motlan said:

The universe is no longer infinite, there is now a limit to the mass-energy content.

You don't know that. There is no way of knowing that.

1 hour ago, motlan said:

you responded the velocity of mass approach C asymptotically. which  means it will never reach C, even after infinite time.

Well done. You made a correct and accurate statement. I think it is the first one. Bless your heart

1 hour ago, motlan said:

by the laws of physics at some point that curved line will stop advancing because it cannot harbor infinite inertial mass and kinetic energy. 

And then you go and spoil it all by saying something stupid (which contradicts the true statement you made previously).

1 hour ago, motlan said:

As I have explained all physics variables are either conserved or terminal.

That is meaningless. They are either conserved or not. Energy is only conserved in a single frame of reference because it is observer dependent. Other properties may be invariant (the same for all observers). 

I don't really know what it means for a property to be terminal, but it appears to be nonsense.

1 hour ago, motlan said:

And because of the time loop, all physics variables are terminated.

What is a "time loop"? And what evidence do you have that such a thing exists?

1 hour ago, motlan said:

There is a scientifically proven God by my reference to guided evolution and that intelligent life had to evolve otherwise why would there exist a Quantum realm in the first place. 

1. There is no scientific evidence for gods

2. Science does not prove things

3. Evolution is not guided.

4. Intelligence did not have to evolve.

5. The existence of quantum effects has nothing to do with evolution or intelligence.

That is an impressive number of factual and logical errors to get into a single sentence. Well done.

1 hour ago, motlan said:

Everything including the universe is finite in the time frames.

Again, you have no way of knowing that. And repeating it does not magically make it true. 

The rules the forum require you to support your claims with evidence, not just assert your beliefs.

1 hour ago, motlan said:

Please defend your argument

Uh-uh. You cant shift the burden of proof. I don't need to defend anything. I am not the one making preposterous claims.

1 hour ago, motlan said:

I have much to learn

Hey! A second true statement. Well done.

You might be better off asking questions in order to learn and fix the gaps in your understanding, instead of posting ignorant nonsense as if it were fact.

1 hour ago, motlan said:

and would like to discuss physics to confirm my initial theories

You don't have a theory.

A theory is a mathematical model extensively confirmed by experiment and observational data. 

11 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

You are correct, I apologize...

No sweat. I also do not know whether a quantum regime is scientifically important or a meme, or perhaps something in between. Is there no time duration involved? Maybe the original poster will explain it better.

14 hours ago, Moontanman said:

What is a quantum realm? 

I assume they mean phenomena that require quantum theory to properly explain them. That covers a wide range from the structure of atoms, the behaviour of semiconductors and the radiation emitted by a hot black body. 

8 hours ago, Strange said:

I assume they mean phenomena that require quantum theory to properly explain them. That covers a wide range from the structure of atoms, the behaviour of semiconductors and the radiation emitted by a hot black body. 

I get that of course but it smacked of some sort of mysterious  parallel universe or something in his context...

5 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

I get that of course but it smacked of some sort of mysterious  parallel universe or something in his context...

True. Who's to know what the OP means, until they choose to explain. (Which I am not holding my breath for.)

• 2 weeks later...

There are energies which are infinite they are renew continuously .it is hard to design models off such an energy, however as many theory go and their respected calculations.

The work of Albert Einstein is smart it is consider a safe road to explain the systems in place. however today right now it is considered two dimensional.

you are attempting to come to conclusions before you have all the facts. but that's normal. the real picture is beyond us and the relationships in our universe are yet to be explained but science has already stated clearly there is an external force or forces acting  on us. 

at this stage always consider that external force in calculations.

if you imagine infinity al that would happen is you would be overtaken with a vast connection  and in that recognize self.  then you can form what you want to be. what you want to say. how you want to say things. 

keep up the passion for science.