Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chalipaweb

Are there several CoronaVirus19 models?

Recommended Posts

Hello All.
I have a question about CoronaVirus.

I am not a biologist.
Is it possible that Corona virus has several models?In some people it destroys the nerves, in others it destroys the bones of the soles of the feet, in others it destroys the lungs! Several versions of Corona with different RNAs may have attacked people at the same time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several variants of the virus, because virus mutate very rapidly. These variations have been used to track the source of infection. Scientists are trying to understand if it changes the infection rate or the virulence. (I haven't seen any definitive results of this yet.)

Other teams are trying to understand if the widely varying seriousness is related to the genetics of the patient.

36 minutes ago, chalipaweb said:

In some people it destroys the nerves, in others it destroys the bones of the soles of the feet

What!?

It can attack various internal organs. I'm not even sure there is any such thing as "the bones of the soles of the feet".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Strange said:

There are several variants of the virus, because virus mutate very rapidly. These variations have been used to track the source of infection. Scientists are trying to understand if it changes the infection rate or the virulence. (I haven't seen any definitive results of this yet.)

Other teams are trying to understand if the widely varying seriousness is related to the genetics of the patient.

What!?

It can attack various internal organs. I'm not even sure there is any such thing as "the bones of the soles of the feet".

I suppose that would depend on his meaning and understanding! There are many bones in the feet with varying names like; metatarsus, cuboid, calcaneus etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chalipaweb said:

Hello All.
I have a question about CoronaVirus.

I am not a biologist.
Is it possible that Corona virus has several models?In some people it destroys the nerves, in others it destroys the bones of the soles of the feet, in others it destroys the lungs! Several versions of Corona with different RNAs may have attacked people at the same time!

You might be interested in this science research;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2020/04/04/latest-scientific-knowledge-covid-19-symptoms-global-search/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no different models. However, the receptor targeted by the virus are distributed throughout our body. While it is present in high levels in the lower respiratory tracts, you can also find them in the kidneys in high concentrations as well in the neural cortex. So if the virus starts spreading in the body, they can infect multiple sites. Also the immune response itself creates has the potential to create damage. 

Currently, the evidence is much stronger that different outcomes are more dependent on the host, rather on the variant of the virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.