Are there several CoronaVirus19 models?

chalipaweb

Hello All.
I have a question about CoronaVirus.

I am not a biologist.
Is it possible that Corona virus has several models?In some people it destroys the nerves, in others it destroys the bones of the soles of the feet, in others it destroys the lungs! Several versions of Corona with different RNAs may have attacked people at the same time!

There are several variants of the virus, because virus mutate very rapidly. These variations have been used to track the source of infection. Scientists are trying to understand if it changes the infection rate or the virulence. (I haven't seen any definitive results of this yet.)

Other teams are trying to understand if the widely varying seriousness is related to the genetics of the patient.

36 minutes ago, chalipaweb said:

In some people it destroys the nerves, in others it destroys the bones of the soles of the feet

What!?

It can attack various internal organs. I'm not even sure there is any such thing as "the bones of the soles of the feet".

24 minutes ago, Strange said:

There are several variants of the virus, because virus mutate very rapidly. These variations have been used to track the source of infection. Scientists are trying to understand if it changes the infection rate or the virulence. (I haven't seen any definitive results of this yet.)

Other teams are trying to understand if the widely varying seriousness is related to the genetics of the patient.

What!?

It can attack various internal organs. I'm not even sure there is any such thing as "the bones of the soles of the feet".

I suppose that would depend on his meaning and understanding! There are many bones in the feet with varying names like; metatarsus, cuboid, calcaneus etc.

1 hour ago, chalipaweb said:

Hello All.
I have a question about CoronaVirus.

I am not a biologist.
Is it possible that Corona virus has several models?In some people it destroys the nerves, in others it destroys the bones of the soles of the feet, in others it destroys the lungs! Several versions of Corona with different RNAs may have attacked people at the same time!

You might be interested in this science research;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2020/04/04/latest-scientific-knowledge-covid-19-symptoms-global-search/

There are no different models. However, the receptor targeted by the virus are distributed throughout our body. While it is present in high levels in the lower respiratory tracts, you can also find them in the kidneys in high concentrations as well in the neural cortex. So if the virus starts spreading in the body, they can infect multiple sites. Also the immune response itself creates has the potential to create damage. 

Currently, the evidence is much stronger that different outcomes are more dependent on the host, rather on the variant of the virus.