Planet Nine

So if the planet nine that was found really does turn out to be a pbh the size of a grapefruit like some scientists think. At its short distance from earth what effects would we see as it gets closer to earth? I assume like other black holes it would slowly get bigger as it consumes objects in its path?

cause if I understand right planet nine affects earth 

Edited by Bmpbmp1975

18 minutes ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

So if the planet nine that was found really does turn out to be a pbh the size of a grapefruit like some scientists think. At its short distance from earth what effects would we see as it gets closer to earth? I assume like other black holes it would slowly get bigger as it consumes objects in its path?

Why do you keeping searching for and asking about doom-laden scenarios?

55 minutes ago, pzkpfw said:

How about a link and a quote?

Stop being so lazy in your search for doom.

edit: I did find this - https://astronomy.com/news/2019/10/planet-nine-may-be-a-black-hole-the-size-of-a-baseball

And no, there is no doom here; unless you start assuming things that you wish to be true.

I never one brought up doom. I had read an article and it peaked my curiosity so I asked a question. Didn’t quote the article the questions were my own. 

1 minute ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

I never one brought up doom. I had read an article and it peaked my curiosity so I asked a question. Didn’t quote the article the questions were my own. 

You always bring up doom.

There are things in your OP that are clearly based on you imagining bad things. If you quoted the part of the article that makes you think these bad things are going to happen, we could help you see they are not.

Just one example: you wrote "what effects would we see as it gets closer to earth?"

What makes you think it's getting closer to Earth?

(Beyond basic orbital movement)

Why would it be heading towards the Earth ?

A BH with earth's mass has a diameter of approx. 18 mm.
A baseball is about 4 times bigger, so since Swarzschild radius is proportional to mass, this pBH would have a mass 1.4 times that of the Earth.
IOW it would be orbiting the Sun just as the rest of the planets do.

There is no mechanism for creating that size of a BH, as stellar collapse cannot account for it.
If the news is true ( which I doubt ) this would be the first sign of a primordial BH ever found.
( none have ever been detected, or found, before, and most think they don't exist )

I'll answer with a little more details to this post, hopefully it may help you in your reading of articles. I'll highlight things you seem to have misunderstood and point out what some sources actually say. 

(emphasis mine in quotes)

5 hours ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

So if the planet nine that was found

False. Planet nine was not found. Some astronomers say Neptune can't be responsible for shaping the odd orbits of some extreme TNOs (Trans Neptunian Objects). Adding a massive planet 9 to the models is consistent with some of the orbits' properties. 

https://astronomy.com/news/2019/10/planet-nine-may-be-a-black-hole-the-size-of-a-baseball

The bottom line is that these simulations and results are consistent with a massive ninth planet — but that is a far cry from requiring the existence of Planet Nine. 

https://aasnova.org/2019/03/12/simulating-an-extreme-tno-on-the-road-to-planet-nine/

At its short distance from earth

False: It is not close to earth. 

If true, the proposed black hole likewise would be located hundreds of times farther from the Sun than Earth. 

https://astronomy.com/news/2019/10/planet-nine-may-be-a-black-hole-the-size-of-a-baseball

what effects would we see as it gets closer to earth?

I would rephrase that question. You seem to assume something that is not true.

If a planet is there, it's extremely distant and will stay that way.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6964

The effects, if any, can be neglected in daily life. But I guess there could be interesting effects on models of the solar system but not much for earth. If there were effects then we would have noticed.

Here is how you may phrase a question without too many of the errors:

If the hypotesis of a ninth massive celestial body is true and if it turns out to be a primordial black hole, what would that mean for science? Would it change our understanding of solar system and/or cosmos?

10 hours ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

!

Moderator Note

1. I am getting very annoyed by these threads where you invent things to scare yourself, instead of reading what is actually in the article. (And then do the same with replies.)

2. If there is a ninth planet, it is not close to Earth. It is, as that article says, "in the outer solar system" and "hundreds of times farther from the Sun than Earth"

3. Nowhere does the article say that it would get closer to Earth.

4. If it were a black hole increasing in mass, it would get further away.

5. It does not affect the Earth.

6. It is not going to kill you.

7. See your doctor.

9 hours ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

No I came across an article and I am curious that’s all. 

!

Moderator Note

An article that you, once again, fail to cite and from which you do not provide relevant passages. (Fix this going forward, in addition to all of Strange's notes about your behavior)