Mayan calendar and 2020

Bmpbmp1975

Ok found this article online from a site called 911truther.org claiming the actual end date of Mayan calendar is really oct 31. 2020 and the earth will start its 62 day passage on the black hole of the Orion Nebula. January 1 , 2021 will be the new age. Has anyone seen this or have any clue what they are talking about?

LINK TO INSANE NONSENSE DELETED.

!

Moderator Note

@Bmpbmp1975 Do not ever post a link to a site like that again

Edited by Strange

3 minutes ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

the earth will start its 62 day passage on the black hole of the Orion Nebula

Will you please quote the section of the article where you read this?

Tip: When you see a website called something like 911truther.org you should assume it has all the scientific reliability of a Road Runner cartoon.

Edited by zapatos

28 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Will you please quote the section of the article where you read this?

Tip: When you see a website called something like 911truther.org you should assume it has all the scientific reliability of a Road Runner cartoon.

The notion that a rogue planetary body such as the Orion Nebula is headed towards Earth was confirmed back on January 25, 2016, when it was reported that Planet Nine was discovered in our Solar System. NASA corroborated the discovery of Planet Nine roughly 19-months later on October 4, 2017, in their report entitled, ‘The Super Earth that Came Home for Dinner‘.

33. October 31, 2020: End Date of Maya Calendar
34. October 31, 2020: Start Date of 62-Day Passage of Earth Through Orion Nebula
35. January 1, 2021: Start Date of New Age

10 hours ago, zapatos said:

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. 

Will you please quote the section of the article that says: 

I have no idea what that means.

DERANGED NONSENSE DELETED 

Edited by Strange

1 hour ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

The notion that a rogue planetary body such as the Orion Nebula is headed towards Earth was confirmed back on January 25, 2016,

The Orion nebula is not a planetary body, it's a nebula.  The Orion nebula is over 1000 ly away.  I think the web site is probably written by a 10 year old.

22 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

The Orion nebula is not a planetary body, it's a nebula.  The Orion nebula is over 1000 ly away.  I think the web site is probably written by a 10 year old.

I think that web site is believed by ten year olds.

5 minutes ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

What do you mean 1000 light years

The quote YOU provided has a link to wikipedia.

Follow that link.

Read.

(Wikipedia is pretty reliable considering it's editable by anyone. Truthernews is a pile of garbage.)

Edited by pzkpfw

8 minutes ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

It says 20 light years 

Provide a quote that confirms that.

(Edit: I'm guessing you've mis-read "... at a distance of 1,344 ± 20 light years" in your rush to find doom.)

Edited by pzkpfw

14 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Nowhere does your quote say "the earth will start its 62 day passage on the black hole of the Orion Nebula".

You have to do better than this.

I am trying to find the part about the hole hole thing it’s a long article, but if it is 1000 ly away how are we passing through the nebula

and if you read my op I was never mentioning doom I was asking about the article that’s all. 

How is this 1,344 ± 20 light years = 1000 ly I thought it was  1.3 light years but what is the 20 mean then 

Edited by Bmpbmp1975

1,344 + 20 = 1,364

1,344 - 20 = 1,324

So it's expected to be between 1,324 and 1,364 light years away. That's more than one thousand. Lots more than 20.

And, who says we're passing through it?

Edited by pzkpfw

8 minutes ago, pzkpfw said:

1,344 + 20 = 1,364

1,344 - 20 = 1,324

So it's expected to be between 1,324 and 1,364 light years away. That's more than one thousand. Lots more than 20.

And, who says we're passing through it?

I get that now 

and I read this part which made me wonder Effects if it’s headed toward earth 

The notion that a rogue planetary body such as the Orion Nebula is headed towards Earth was confirmed back on January 25, 2016,

Now, who says it's headed towards Earth?

(And IF they say that, at what speed?)

Edit: of course you can hopefully see that particular quote is just rubbish.

Edited by pzkpfw

!

Moderator Note

This forum is not the place to discuss stupid conspiracy theories and the like. Especially when the person starting the discussion is incapable of learning the difference between science and nonsense like this.