My tonsils.

Kermit

My tonsils are a bit weird in appearance.. they have a few shallow circular holes in them, in which this gunky white stuff accumulates. I can dislodge the stuff with a Q-Tip, and it smells absolutely horrible, like rotting leather. I try gargling mouthwash but the next morning I wake up with a painful sore throat. In fact, the only illnesses I ever seem to have involve the throat region. What's wrong with my tonsils?

You have an infection of the tonsils. That is what they are supposed to do, your lymphatic system is drawing poisons and bacteria/viruses to a central spot where your body can kill them.

You DO need your tonsils. Although it has been practise in the past to remove the tonsils, this weakens your immune system by giving you one less set of such glands with which to defend your body. In this case, you only have three more pairs besides those, your adnoids, the pair of glands in the front of your neck (where most people get mumps) and two in the back of your neck. These organs protect your head and neck area from infections, which is the most vulnerable place in your body normally.

You need to gargle salt (at least a tablespoon in hot water) regularly several times a day. This will prevent more infections and reduce inflammation of the tonsils, relieving pain. Next you could go on antibiotics. I strongly suggest you don't let anyone remove your tonsils.

Finally, you need to address the reason why you have a chronic throat infection:

You are probably a meat-eater. You should stop eating meat.

You probably don't practise safe hygene, which involves gargling with a germ-killing mouthwash like listerine for at least two minutes several times a day.

If you have filthy pets, like dogs or cats in your home, you need to get rid of them, or you will keep getting re-infected from the germs these dirty animals have.

You need to understand some basics here.

Every farmer knows that every animal has a unique ideal diet. And if you stray from that diet, the animal gets sick and eventually dies. The farther you stray from an ideal diet, the more quickly you become sick and weak, and the more illnesses you will suffer. Human beings are no different!

Man has an ideal diet, consisting of vegetables, fruits, and grains, legumes, potatoes, nuts, peas, corn etc. If you replace these essential things with other things, like meat, you will become sick, and eventually die. As well, such (non-)'foods' act as vectors for disease, like 'mad-cow' disease, and parasites.

While in North America manufacturers of 'meat' products are supposed to have parasites and diseases under control, this is largely a myth. Impregnating pork and bacon for instance with heavy doses of NITRITES is supposed to kill parasites like trichonosis. The cure is worse than the disease, since nitrites are strong carcenogens, and result in body cancers, including stomach, intestinal, and prostate.

Don't eat meat, and don't eat pork, and especially don't eat bacon. Don't eat animal fat at all.

Actually, man's ideal diet was known from ancient times, but emergency situations, such as drought or famine, or seasonal lack of food sources has resulted in man having to 'break' the food laws for survival purposes temporarily again and again.

In the bible the food laws were a requirement for holiness and health. Some examples are of course Samson, who kept a Nazarite vow of holiness which excluded all drugs and strong drinks (alcoholic beverages) as well, and Daniel, who refused the Emperor of Iraq's 'meat' and proved that eating only vegetables was a superior diet.

Other dangerous practises that people do to cause throat infections are pat animals without washing hands and prepare food afterwards, or allow animals to lick and kiss them. As well, swapping spit (by kissing) with other people who don't understand hygene or keep the food laws will also make you vulnerable to the same diseases unclean people have.

I don't want to mention it, but for completeness I must since it is a medical issue: engaging in oral sex with persons who have urinary infections (many North Americans do), or kissing someone's anus, these will very likely lead to serious throat infections, like "THRUSH" and/or tonsilitis of various kinds. I will also mention the practise of eating one's own sperm or drinking urine. These will also give you severe throat infections. The only way to engage in these practices 'safely' would be to practise them at least with a person who was 'clean' in the first place, that is, a person who was a vegetarian themselves and practised meticulous hygene and stayed away from dirty people or animals.

THRUSH infection

Tonsilitis

Yeast Infections

Kissing Infections

STREP THROAT

Possible Symptoms of Strep Throat / Streptococcus

Symptoms of strep throat include fever of over 101 degrees; sudden and severe sore throat pain without coughing or sneezing; pus or white spots on either or both the tonsils; swollen lymph nodes; and swollen tonsils. Strep throat does not occur with cold-like symptoms, such as coughing, runny nose, sneezing and stuffiness. Strep is concentrated in the throat only. If a rash appears over the body in addition to strep throat symptoms, scarlet fever is likely.

Allergies, Infection, Diet

Possible Lifestyle Changes for Strep Throat / Streptococcus

The best way to prevent strep throat is to avoid contact with anyone who has the illness. Wash hands frequently when around people with cold or flu symptoms, and do not share toothbrushes or eating utensils with anyone who may be infected. Get plenty of sleep, eat a healthy diet and get regular exercise to enhance general good health. If strep throat is suspected, see a doctor as soon as possible. If given antibiotics, be sure to take all of the doses to ensure the bacteria does not return. Drink extra fluids, take over-the-counter pain relievers and get plenty of sleep. Avoid close contact with others during the illness.

I would highly recommend you do NOT abruptly change your diet in any way, much less change it to a diet where you're going to be missing a whole lot of essential vitamins needed to fight the infections that you're getting.

I would also highly recommend NOT taking any medical advice from anyone but a known doctor. You will just end up making your problems worse.

I would highly recommend you do NOT abruptly change your diet in any way, much less change it to a diet where you're going to be missing a whole lot of essential vitamins needed to fight the infections that you're getting.
This has the appearance of reasonableness.

Vegetables are the best source for Everything

However, there is nothing in meat you can't get in a better, more potent, fresher, more easily absorbed and safer form through a vegetable/fruit/grain diet. On the other hand, there are plenty of critical vitamins and essential oils and minerals which you don't get an adequate amount of on a high-meat diet.

So as an argument against being a vegetarian, its a flop. While a change of diet can be a bit of an adventure, changing to a vegetarian diet does no harm. You cannot say the same thing in the reverse direction. In this case, he is already sick, so improving his diet can only help.

90% of Food Poisoning is from Meat

Note also that most cases of food poisoning, including toxins (seafoods, including 5000 cases a year of poisoning for shellfish alone), botulism (chicken and beef), parasites (pork & wild-meat), deadly nerve diseases like Mad Cow (beef, pork, lamb) and heavy bacterial infections causing ulcers (hamburger) are directly because of MEAT diets.

Other Cases of Food Poisoning Tracable to Meat

The only time people get food poisoning from plants is due to mis-identification, contamination due to pesticide or herbicide sprays, failure to wash or cook foods, handling by dirty people who eat meat, and obviously contamination of vegetables by contact with surfaces and utensils used to prepare MEAT.

I would also highly recommend NOT taking any medical advice from anyone but a known doctor. You will just end up making your problems worse.
This also has the look of good advice, however:

(1) I never suggested he should *not* consult a doctor.

(2) What matters with medical advice is not the *source*, but whether the facts can be corroborated by independant information sources, like the library, health centres, and services. Better advice would be: Consult as many sources as possible, and sources which are as up-to-date and reliable as possible.

(3) Doctors are not always available, either in an emergency or for economic reasons, or location.

(4) Doctors are not always reliable sources for information. In fact studies show that doctors tend not to properly inform patients and resent giving accurate and reliable advice concerning *causes* of illness, avoiding criticisms of patient's lifestyles, and sticking to treatment of symptoms.

(5) In actual medical practice, nurses are more informed, more aware, better trained, and have more experience in recognizing and treating illnesses and prescribing medication than doctors, and make less mistakes.

This has the appearance of reasonableness.

Vegetables are the best source for Everything

However' date=' there is nothing in meat you can't get in a better, more potent, fresher, more easily absorbed and safer form through a vegetable/fruit/grain diet. On the other hand, there are plenty of critical vitamins and essential oils and minerals which you don't get an adequate amount of on a high-meat diet.

[/quote']

Not quite. All digestible forms of B12 are only found in meat.

So as an argument against being a vegetarian, its a flop. While a change of diet can be a bit of an adventure, changing to a vegetarian diet does no harm. You cannot say the same thing in the reverse direction. In this case, he is already sick, so improving his diet can only help.

Almost correct. Leaving ANY major group out of your diet is dangerous, that includes only eating meat which is just as stupid. Don't tell him it does no harm when you have no clue. You have no idea what is causing his infections, don't fix it if its not broken; you're only asking for trouble.

90% of Food Poisoning is from Meat

Note also that most cases of food poisoning' date=' including toxins (seafoods, including 5000 cases a year of poisoning for shellfish alone), botulism (chicken and beef), parasites (pork & wild-meat), deadly nerve diseases like Mad Cow (beef, pork, lamb) and heavy bacterial infections causing ulcers (hamburger) are directly because of MEAT diets.[/quote']

This is a flawed argument. Bacteria and and parasites can't live on plastic either. Does that make plastic more healthy than meat? This is one of the reasons I tend to shy away from preservatives; if bacteria and mold won't eat it why should I?

You have an infection of the tonsils. That is what they are supposed to do' date=' your lymphatic system is drawing poisons and bacteria/viruses to a central spot where your body can kill them.

[b']You DO need your tonsils.[/b] Although it has been practise in the past to remove the tonsils, this weakens your immune system by giving you one less set of such glands with which to defend your body. In this case, you only have three more pairs besides those, your adnoids, the pair of glands in the front of your neck (where most people get mumps) and two in the back of your neck. These organs protect your head and neck area from infections, which is the most vulnerable place in your body normally.

You need to gargle salt (at least a tablespoon in hot water) regularly several times a day. This will prevent more infections and reduce inflammation of the tonsils, relieving pain. Next you could go on antibiotics. I strongly suggest you don't let anyone remove your tonsils.

Finally, you need to address the reason why you have a chronic throat infection:

You probably don't practise safe hygene, which involves gargling with a germ-killing mouthwash like listerine for at least two minutes several times a day.

If you have filthy pets, like dogs or cats in your home, you need to get rid of them, or you will keep getting re-infected from the germs these dirty animals have.

Every farmer knows that every animal has a unique ideal diet. And if you stray from that diet, the animal gets sick and eventually dies. The farther you stray from an ideal diet, the more quickly you become sick and weak, and the more illnesses you will suffer. Human beings are no different!

Man has an ideal diet, consisting of vegetables, fruits, and grains, legumes, potatoes, nuts, peas, corn etc. If you replace these essential things with other things, like meat, you will become sick, and eventually die. As well, such (non-)'foods' act as vectors for disease, like 'mad-cow' disease, and parasites.

While in North America manufacturers of 'meat' products are supposed to have parasites and diseases under control, this is largely a myth. Impregnating pork and bacon for instance with heavy doses of NITRITES is supposed to kill parasites like trichonosis. The cure is worse than the disease, since nitrites are strong carcenogens, and result in body cancers, including stomach, intestinal, and prostate.

Don't eat meat, and don't eat pork, and especially don't eat bacon. Don't eat animal fat at all.

Actually, man's ideal diet was known from ancient times, but emergency situations, such as drought or famine, or seasonal lack of food sources has resulted in man having to 'break' the food laws for survival purposes temporarily again and again.

In the bible the food laws were a requirement for holiness and health. Some examples are of course Samson, who kept a Nazarite vow of holiness which excluded all drugs and strong drinks (alcoholic beverages) as well, and Daniel, who refused the Emperor of Iraq's 'meat' and proved that eating only vegetables was a superior diet.

Other dangerous practises that people do to cause throat infections are pat animals without washing hands and prepare food afterwards, or allow animals to lick and kiss them. As well, swapping spit (by kissing) with other people who don't understand hygene or keep the food laws will also make you vulnerable to the same diseases unclean people have.

I don't want to mention it, but for completeness I must since it is a medical issue: engaging in oral sex with persons who have urinary infections (many North Americans do), or kissing someone's anus, these will very likely lead to serious throat infections, like "THRUSH" and/or tonsilitis of various kinds. I will also mention the practise of eating one's own sperm or drinking urine. These will also give you severe throat infections. The only way to engage in these practices 'safely' would be to practise them at least with a person who was 'clean' in the first place, that is, a person who was a vegetarian themselves and practised meticulous hygene and stayed away from dirty people or animals.

THRUSH infection

Tonsilitis

Yeast Infections

Kissing Infections

STREP THROAT

Symptoms of strep throat include fever of over 101 degrees; sudden and severe sore throat pain without coughing or sneezing; pus or white spots on either or both the tonsils; swollen lymph nodes; and swollen tonsils. Strep throat does not occur with cold-like symptoms, such as coughing, runny nose, sneezing and stuffiness. Strep is concentrated in the throat only. If a rash appears over the body in addition to strep throat symptoms, scarlet fever is likely.

The best way to prevent strep throat is to avoid contact with anyone who has the illness. Wash hands frequently when around people with cold or flu symptoms, and do not share toothbrushes or eating utensils with anyone who may be infected. Get plenty of sleep, eat a healthy diet and get regular exercise to enhance general good health. If strep throat is suspected, see a doctor as soon as possible. If given antibiotics, be sure to take all of the doses to ensure the bacteria does not return. Drink extra fluids, take over-the-counter pain relievers and get plenty of sleep. Avoid close contact with others during the illness.

I don't know where to correct you first.

Kermits symptoms sound much more like tonsolitus than strep throat.

You have many many lymphs, and removing the tonsils does not significantly reduce your immune system's strength. (In fact my sister is due to have a lymph in her groin removed.)

There is nothing wrong with eating meat, it is intended to be a part of the human diet, hence the incisors, canines, and bicuspids.

The bit about nitrates in meat is compleate rubbish, there are not nearly enough nitrates in meat to cause problems, and they are only in cured meat anyway.

I find your remark about animals highly offensive. Pets are in no way "filthy". You disgust me by suggesting that he get rid of pets. The bacteria that other animals are rarely compatable with humans anyway. Keep any pets you have, Kermit.

That part about the bible makes no sense, and irrelavant to this discussion.

Also, you can not cacth strep from semen or (shudder) ass kissing in the most literal sence of the word. Strep is caused by the bacteria Streptococcus pyogenes; (literaly translated: 'throat pus'), which cannot thrive on the anus or in the urethra.

And please, metafrizzics, don't copy and paste posts without citing your recourses.

You have an infection of the tonsils. That is what they are supposed to do' date=' your lymphatic system is drawing poisons and bacteria/viruses to a central spot where your body can kill them.

[b']You DO need your tonsils.[/b] Although it has been practise in the past to remove the tonsils, this weakens your immune system by giving you one less set of such glands with which to defend your body. In this case, you only have three more pairs besides those, your adnoids, the pair of glands in the front of your neck (where most people get mumps) and two in the back of your neck. These organs protect your head and neck area from infections, which is the most vulnerable place in your body normally.

THRUSH infection

Tonsilitis

Yeast Infections

Kissing Infections

STREP THROAT

I don't know where to correct you first.

Kermits symptoms sound much more like tonsolitus than strep throat, and he should see a doctor about what to do, not some random guy on the internet.

That gargling hot salt water idea is not neccasary, may not help, and would be extreamly painful.

Gargling several times a day for 2 minutes is ludacris. Where the hell did you get that idea? Kermit'll irritate the hell out of his throat if he, or she does that.

You have many many lymph nodes, 16 if I remember correctly, and removing the tonsils does not significantly reduce your immune system's strength. (In fact my sister is due to have a lymph in her groin removed.)

There is nothing wrong with eating meat, it is intended to be a part of the human diet, hence the incisors, canines, and bicuspids.

The bit about nitrates in meat is compleate rubbish, there are not nearly enough nitrates in meat to cause problems, and they are only in cured meat anyway.

I find your remark about animals highly offensive. Pets are in no way "filthy". You disgust me by suggesting that he get rid of pets. The bacteria that other animals have are rarely compatable with humans anyway. Keep any pets you have, Kermit.

That part about the bible makes no sense, and is irrelavant to this discussion.

Also, you can not cacth strep from semen or (shudder) ass kissing in the most literal sence of the word. Strep is caused by the bacteria Streptococcus pyogenes; (literaly translated: 'throat pus'), which cannot thrive on the anus or in the urethra.

And please, metafrizzics, don't copy and paste posts without citing your recourses.

That gargling hot salt water idea is not neccasary' date=' may not help, and would be extreamly painful.

You have many many lymph nodes, 16 if I remember correctly, and removing the tonsils does not significantly reduce your immune system's strength. (In fact my sister is due to have a lymph in her groin removed.

I find your remark about animals highly offensive. Pets are in no way "filthy". You disgust me by suggesting that he get rid of pets. The bacteria that other animals have are rarely compatable with humans anyway. Keep any pets you have, Kermit.

And please, metafrizzics, don't copy and paste posts without citing your recourses.[/quote']

I dont know were to correct you first!

I thought meta's opening paragraphs were spot on.....he then completely ruined the decor of his cell,by rubbing excrement over the walls to which he had to be sedated.

However gargling with salt is recommended BY doctors.Sore throats are due to edema.This may be from viral,bacterial,allergy or physical injury.But in all cases results in an inflammatory response .Gargling with a saltwater draws out edema fluid from the mucosa of the throat(in the same way pouring salt on slugs!!)and gives temporary relief to the sore throat(though cannot remove the cause)

Its also beneficial in cleansing area's as salt does have anti bacterial properties.

Nitrites in meat is not rubbish...nitrites is a preservative that forms nitrosamines in the body which are carcigenic,nitrites cause cancer full stop!

The debate is at what levels in meat(sausages,bacon etc)they become dangerous to health.And how to counter the formation of nitrosamines(cooking your suasage assists in the formation of nitrosamines btw).

But its not all doom and gloom,nitrates are in tap water!.Nitrogen in chemical fertilizer oxidisers into nitrates which are absorbed by plants so lettuce sandwiches have nitrates in em.But dont worry our veggies are rich in antioxidants,minerals and vitamins(vitamins c & e in particular prevent the formation of nitrosamines....thats why manufacturers of processed meats add these vits to their product)And gov research shows the levels of preservatives are tightly controlled and therefore not harmfull(we take that with a pinch of salt eh..lol..joke).

Anyway meat without nitrates perishes faster,and eating partially decayed meat isnt good for you.

Im more concerned in the dyes used to colour meat.As you may be aware it was taken at face value that manufacturers used those of natural origin.And seeing how little regulation was actually in place,we've all been eating sudan 5 !!!.

Oh yeah pets are filthy smelly creatures which cause a multitude of nasty bacterial thingymebobs.Though not kissing their anus,rubbing their faeces in our childrens eyes,french kissing them or having unprotected sexual encounters .They are generally safe to have around,as long as you wash your hands regular...

Yes, saltwater is very good, very soothing, and it doesn't even really taste all that bad. Although it'd be easy to see why someone without prior knowledge or experience would jump to the false but perfectly understandable idea that "salt + sore flesh = ouchy"

As for pets, we generally pass on more disease to them than they do to us, and at the very least, often when they do get sick from basic bacterial things, and then we catch it, it's because we don't follow the proper courses of sanitation necessary to potect them.

And you definitely smell worse to them than they do to you. At least they're intelligent enough to not hold it against you.

It's not tonsolitus - it is completely normal. Your tonsils are just collecting bacteria like they are supposed to do, and it is normal to have white build-ups. Otherwise that bacteria would be inside you, where it can do more harm.

Just spit them out if they come lose - don't poke them with a q-tip.

They can cause bad breath though...

i've never seen anything like that on my tonsils. dude just go to a doctor and ask him about it. whats wrong with meat anyway? i eat meat, i'm healthy, wheres the disadvantage? most things are good for you its just the excesses that kill you.

if you cook meat properly then you won't get food poisoning.

Kermits symptoms sound much more like tonsolitus than strep throat, and he should see a doctor about what to do, not some random guy on the internet.
I agree. I posted comprehensive links to all possibilities however for the sake of others, and since we don't know what he has. I was the first to recommend he see a doctor (twice).
That gargling hot salt water idea is not neccasary, may not help, and would be extreamly painful.
If you think gargling salt-water is painful, rather than just about the only relief from a sore throat, you've never done it. Not only recommended by doctors, but others here have corrected you.
Do a search and read the literature. By the way there are tons of nitrates in bacon and ham products.

Cats and Pregnancy Warnings

more warnings

pregnant cat owners

cats and eating meat

Govt Health warnings

again more warnings

That part about the bible makes no sense, and is irrelavant to this discussion.
It was for historical background, to show that people weren't always this stupid.

Also, you can not cacth[sic] strep from semen or (shudder) ass kissing in the most literal sence of the word. Strep is caused by the bacteria Streptococcus ...cannot thrive on the anus or in the urethra.
Where to begin? People *do* get infections from oral sex. End of story. Strep is easily passed from person to person in close contact, from not washing hands, food prep etc.. What is your point? There isn't one worth noting.

'resources'? The only quote I gave came from the last link I posted. Read it.

----------------------------------------------------------

thought meta's opening paragraphs were spot on.....he then completely ruined the decor of his (post)...
Thank you! I am glad someone has a clue. I felt important medical facts overrode decorum in this case.
However gargling with salt is recommended BY doctors....
Exactly. Thank you again for providing corroboration on this.
Nitrites in meat is not rubbish...nitrites is a preservative that forms nitrosamines in the body which are carcigenic,nitrites cause cancer full stop!
Thanks again! This is scientific fact.
Oh yeah pets are filthy smelly creatures which cause a multitude of nasty bacterial thingymebobs.
Yes. And thanks again for confirmation of scientific fact.

---------------------------------------------------------

...it is completely normal. Your tonsils are just collecting bacteria like they are supposed to do, and it is normal to have white build-ups. Otherwise that bacteria would be inside you, where it can do more harm. They can cause bad breath though...
Yes, sadly, 'normal', or rather common in North America due to piss-poor eating habits and bad hygene. 'Normal'? Only for meat-eaters. Would you want to kiss one in this condition, and share the benefits? ....(blech.)

60% of teenage girls smoke. Is that normal? Or is it just another ripoff, victimizing a vulnerable group by taking advantage of ignorance using high pressure sales tactics?

oh and whats this about pets being dirty? if my dog'll eat it i'll probably eat it as well.

Sadly, I saw the entire video at Zoo-Beast.com. Although entertaining, I am glad I wasn't actually in the room. Once you've had Brazilian sex, you never come back...to mere humanity!

Update

Interestingly, today I accidentally picked up an out-of-country newspaper to find a related article on this thread, corroborating some of my points:

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among Canadian men... one in seven are expected to develop the disease...

It seems that what you eat (or don't eat) affects prostate cancer development...

New findings, published last week in the Journal of Urology, suggest that an ultra low-fat vegetarian diet combined with exercise can stop, even reverse early stage prostate cancer. Researchers from UCLA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer center in NY checked if intensive lifestyle changes could affect cancer cell growth.

The men in the lifestyle change group followed a 10% fat vegan diet (avoiding all animal foods) that included fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and soy products. They also received soy, fish oil (3g) vitamin E(400 IU) selenium (200microg) and vitamin C(2 g) and practised brisk walks and yoga.

After one year lab tests showed serum from from the men inhibited cancer-cell growth almost eight times (8X) more than the control group.

These findings add to the growing body of evidence that foods can lower risk of cancer, its recurrence, and slow down progression of the disease.

Article: Eating Right is One Way to Fight Cancer

- Globe and Mail (Toronto) Wed.Aug 17 2005 pg A17

The Globe and Mail is a conservative newspaper which meticulously avoids controversial articles and unfounded scientific claims.

Prostate cancer relates to my tonsils in what way?...

The North American Diet leads to both prostate cancer and chronic tonsilitis.

In other words, what is important is lifestyle changes and healthy habits. With a few precautions you can quadruple your happiness, since health is not sufficient, but is necessary to happiness.

I would bet that you have Tonsil Stones, otherwise known as Tonsilloliths.

Tonsil stones (tonsilloliths) form when mucus, sulfur-producing bacteria and debris i.e. food particles, post-nasal drip, etc accumulate and condense into small particles and then collect on the surface of your tonsils.

The surface make-up of tonsils include small divots or tonsil crypts that retain and trap debris. The trapped debris combines with volatile sulfur compounds produced by anaerobic bacteria beneath the surface of your tongue and putrefies in the back of your throat. The resulting tonsil stones (tonsiloliths) are expelled when the volume of the "stones" exceed the capacity of the crypt in which it is contained.

The residual effects/symptoms of tonsil stones (tonsilloliths) often include one or more of the following:

Hard, whitish/yellow, foul-smelling particles that can be coughed up, though they are usually swallowed.

Chronic halitosis and other stubborn bad breath and taste disorders

Thick, white coating on your tongue.

Having an tonsillectomy is radical and should be reserved for those that can't get rid of the stones, or have extreme cases. Lots of people get these during life and don't even notice them. Try salt water gargles and use an ocean salt nasal spray (sold over the counter) for a few weeks or so. You should see improvement. :)

PS. Both my brothers, my daughter, my mom and a few of my friends have had at least one of these in their lives.