Looks like conflicting views

zak100

Hi,

I am trying to read a research paper: PrivateJobMatch: A Privacy-Oriented Deferred Multi-Match Recommender System for Stable Employment :

https://faculty.ucmerced.edu/frusu/Papers/Conference/2019-recsys-private-job-match.pdf

In this paper, we introduce PrivateJobMatch
(Figure 2) – a privacy-oriented deferred multi-match recommender
system – which generates stable pairings (candidate, job description),
rather than recommendations that are best-fit for individual
candidates/employers. PrivateJobMatch combines the flexibility of
decentralized markets with the wise pairing of centralized matching
by adapting DAA into a recommender system that generates a
ranked list of candidates for employers – and vice-versa – in the
order of expected match quality.

On one hand it says:

which generates stable pairings (candidate, job description), rather than recommendations

And on the other hand it says:

with the wise pairing of centralized matching by adapting DAA into a recommender system

I feel the above two views are conflicting because on one side it says that PrivateJobMatch does not generate recommendations and on the other hand, it says, it is adapting DAA into recommender system.

I can't understand how PrivateJobMatch utilizes the features of decntralized markets.

Somebody please guide me.

Zulfi.

3 hours ago, zak100 said:

I feel the above two views are conflicting because on one side it says that PrivateJobMatch does not generate recommendations and on the other hand, it says, it is adapting DAA into recommender system.

It looks like the paper was written by a marketing person or somebody who doesn't know much about job matching systems.

I designed a Competency Management System and developed software as a proof of concept in the mid 90's. I later worked for a company that provided Competency Based training services for the international mining industry and adapted the Competency Management System to extract data from the companies Competency database in the early 2000's.

What they describe is a elementary job matching system (Figures 1 and 2 in the pdf) that only links one candidate to one job, which has no facilities to determine Training Needs Analysis or even produce a list of jobs that one candidate is competent for, and describe these deficiencies as a 'feature'.