Hijack from What made you stop believing in God?

friendstalkingwithyou

Once you realize God exists, it is impossible to stop believing in Him. Once you invoke the word, wright the word or think the word, this just proves once again; God does indeed exist

As I see it, anyway

35 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

People don't really BELIEVE in religion, they only WANT to believe.

If you have an opinion, express it; just remember you do not speak for "people".,.,.,.,.,; just you

28 minutes ago, friendstalkingwithyou said:

…..If you have an opinion, express it; just remember you do not speak for "people".,.,.,.,.,; just you

You are right about that.  So let me qualify what I said.  I BELIEVE that most people don't REALLY believe in God.  It is more ACCEPT than believe, through social pressure and wanting to believe and belong, than real believing.  Not everybody, just most people.  Again, that is what I believe.

I don't know about other Christian faiths, but in Catholicism we had to memorize the Apostle's Creed.  It is a prayer with a series of things to believe in that I never had any reason to believe other than I was told to believe them.  The prayer seemed like self-hypnosis into believing.  Again another reason for me to doubt.

"Blessed are they that have NOT seen and yet they believe."  Seems like gullible to me.

Edited by Airbrush

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.