Trash can

23 minutes ago, Strange said:

It was a hiajck.

Also, I am 99% certain the poster is a spammer, posting nonsense before posting some sort of spam.

Thanks for saving me +1

(The post concerned looked like a valid animation of a tetrode amplifier.)

19 minutes ago, Strange said:

Also, I am 99% certain the poster is a spammer, posting nonsense before posting some sort of spam.

There seems to be periods when these kind of spammers increase*. Do you mods wish us to report suspicious nonsense posts that looks like spammers trying to get a credible start, or should we wait until actual spam is posted? 

*) Thats of course a guess, I don't know how much crap that's auto-removed or deleted by moderators.

10 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Do you mods wish us to report suspicious nonsense posts that looks like spammers trying to get a credible start, or should we wait until actual spam is posted? 

We can't really do anything until spam is posted.

Generally, it is most useful if people reports posts in existing threads that are spam.

If spammers start a new thread, we are as likely to spot it as anyone else. But if it looks like it has been missed, then feel free to report it.

17 minutes ago, studiot said:

(The post concerned looked like a valid animation of a tetrode amplifier.)

I assume it was just copied from some random site.

6 minutes ago, Strange said:

I assume it was just copied from some random site

Yeah, the poster's other contribution in the burning cola thread seemed a bit disconnected as well.

As regards spammers more generally one good result of Covid is that the incidence of unwanted spam phone calls has reduced to a trickle, as as spam Email.

6 minutes ago, studiot said:

As regards spammers more generally one good result of Covid is that the incidence of unwanted spam phone calls has reduced to a trickle, as as spam Email.

We do seem to have had more new members here posting nonsense though :-)

14 hours ago, Strange said:

It was a hiajck.

It wasn’t the only one. 

(The behavior Strange is anticipating is “post trivialities until I’m allowed to post links”)