Trump Connection to Hydroxychloroquine (split from Corona virus general questions mega thread)

iNow

19 minutes ago, iNow said:

Before the 2016 election... before we fell into this bizarro world parallel universe when everyone thought Hillary Clinton would win the election... all of the "informed" commentators said Trump would be building his own network to present material farther to the right than Fox News. That was his plan... get attention and notoriety in the election campaign, then use that to refocus attention on to their new propaganda network and drive ratings.

Throughout his presidency, small media outlets have been building up to compete with Fox and he regularly interacts with them to bolster their visibility and reach. My guess is he will still proceed this way and create the network when his presidency is over, whenever that may be, and that what he's doing now is laying the ground work to by badmouthing Fox so they can enter the market as a legitimate competitor and steal their viewers.

This post made me think of 'Alice in Wonderland', then my next thought after reading on your mentioning his plans future plans, I thought "Curiouser and curiouser!". 

Edited by StringJunky

JUST IN: World Health Organization (WHO) says it is pausing its study on the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as part of its research into COVID-19 treatments. 

The move comes after a study was published in medical journal The Lancet that found coronavirus patients who took the drug were more likely to die or develop irregular heart rhythms. WHO says its executive group of the Solidarity Trial is reviewing data on its research into the drug while the pause goes into effect.

https://abcn.ws/3go1xMy

40 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

This is argument from authority in all its glory. There's going to be some pretty embarrassed bigwigs when all this is over.

A pretty interesting PhD thesis in the years ahead would be to compare infection and death rates by party affiliation and/or news source 

6 minutes ago, iNow said:

A pretty interesting PhD thesis in the years ahead would be to compare infection and death rates by party affiliation and/or news source 

That would be very funny if so many people hadn't died. If you've thought of it, I wouldn't be surprised if some graduate looks to see if there's any correlation  in the future.

Not just one twit, Stringy.
Apparently the US has a whole lot of twits; some masquerading as medical experts.

The American Association of Physicians and Surgeons is also lobbying for increased prescribing of Hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/24/hydroxychloroquine-trump-us-doctors-coronavirus

The AAPS has previously claimed that HIV may not cause AIDS, that abortion causes breast cancer, that vaccines are linked to autism, and even that B Obama used hypnosis to trick voters.

My first thoughts on reading this article was that maybe the AAPS is a comedy group...

21 minutes ago, MigL said:

Not just one twit, Stringy.
Apparently the US has a whole lot of twits; some masquerading as medical experts.

The American Association of Physicians and Surgeons is also lobbying for increased prescribing of Hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/24/hydroxychloroquine-trump-us-doctors-coronavirus

The AAPS has previously claimed that HIV may not cause AIDS, that abortion causes breast cancer, that vaccines are linked to autism, and even that B Obama used hypnosis to trick voters.

My first thoughts on reading this article was that maybe the AAPS is a comedy group...

Only in America.

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

Only in America.

I wished that was true, but there are other groups (typically, but not exclusively on the right fringe) that share rather weird ideas and conspiracy theories regarding the pandemic. 

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, John Cuthber said:

The results are in.
Apparently 17000 dead as a consequence of HCQ.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S075333222301853X

We never got a breakdown**of covid mortality per hourly consumption of  forms of social media vs mainstream  medias vs  party affiliation etc etc. ..by the looks of it.

Hope we learned something from the Covid period 

**as suggested earlier in this thread.

1 hour ago, geordief said:

We never got a breakdown**of covid mortality per hourly consumption of  forms of social media vs mainstream  medias vs  party affiliation etc etc. ..by the looks of it.

Hope we learned something from the Covid period 

**as suggested earlier in this thread.

Not necessarily in that granularity but there are studies looking at it. https://doi.org/10.1093/pnasnexus/pgad318