God in troubles...

teroko

6 hours ago, ArandomTheorist said:

Assuming there is a god

Why would you eve assume that?

Why not start: "Assuming there is an invisible pink flying unicorn ..."

It just seems a bizarre assumption to start from.

5 hours ago, Kartazion said:

You are talking about a men who is not a God. Whether he really lived or not.

But Jesus is a great prophet.

If he didn't exist, he can't have been any sort of prophet.

Maybe you should read that other thread about whether he actually existed or not.

57 minutes ago, Strange said:

If he didn't exist, he can't have been any sort of prophet.

Maybe you should read that other thread about whether he actually existed or not.

Sure. And this is for example, valid for each biblical character and prophet.

But whether or not he existed in pulpit and bones does not change the fact that there is a God or not.
I would not say the same for his influence, which made believers into Christian. But this is another subject.

1 minute ago, Kartazion said:

Sure. And this is for example, valid for each biblical character and prophet.

But whether or not he existed in pulpit and bones does not change the fact that there is a God or not.
I would not say the same for his influence, which made believers into Christian. But this is another subject.

Right. But that is not what you said.

16 minutes ago, koti said:

This is turning into an English lesson.

Or one on logic.

13 minutes ago, Kartazion said:

With 'ifs' one could put Paris in a bottle.

I don't know what that means, but if you had said "If he existed he was a great prophet" then I would not have commented. But insisting that a probably mythical person "is" something is, essentially, false.

22 minutes ago, Strange said:

I don't know what that means, ...

As you can see on the Internet, it is a french proverb. In France we can say it in this way: With 'ifs' we can remake the world.

26 minutes ago, Strange said:

But insisting that a probably mythical person "is" something is, essentially, false.

This is precisely what the New Testament does.

7 minutes ago, Kartazion said:

As you can see on the Internet, it is a french proverb. In France we can say it in this way: With 'ifs' we can remake the world.

So is it "Paris in a bottle" or "remake the world" ?

33 minutes ago, Kartazion said:

In France yes we say it like that "remake the world"  https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/avec_des_si,_on_refait_le_monde

But you also have the other, the 'international version' https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/avec_des_si_on_mettrait_Paris_en_bouteille

Fascinating. I couldn't have found a worse way to use this proverb than towards Strange's sentence:
"if he didn't exist he couldn't have been a great prophet"

Let me share my home language proverb with you as well,  please check "on the internet" for translation:
https://pl.wiktionary.org/wiki/wyżej_sra,_niż_dupę_ma

Edited by koti

1 hour ago, Kartazion said:

This is precisely what the New Testament does.

You're missing the point, it doesn't matter if Jesus was real; what matters is what you learn from him/her/them...

10 hours ago, ArandomTheorist said:

3. can the god even interact in our dimension 

Learn what a dimension is. It's not a plane of existence, or another realm. It has a scientific meaning.

!

Moderator Note

We've had enough calls for closure, so this really isn't a judgement call from a staff member who's involved, but I'm going to close this. This isn't a great topic for our format here, where we're looking for some trustworthiness behind the arguments we make. If you want to use your imagination to think about your gods, you should be able to find a site where the membership isn't actively trying to keep your feet on the ground.