God in troubles...

teroko

55 minutes ago, Kartazion said:

It must be difficult to live in a country where it is written on each coin and each bill "In God We Trust".
Besides, what God is it?

Avarice? It's on the money, which is a big clue.

1 hour ago, Kartazion said:

It must be difficult to live in a country where it is written on each coin and each bill "In God We Trust".

Difficult in what way?

11 minutes ago, Kartazion said:

But is it not the official motto of the government?

It is.

2 hours ago, zapatos said:

You connected them in analogy. Where did you connect them in reality?

Still waiting on an answer to this one.

9 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Difficult in what way?

Because Belief in an almighty god sounds like a poor solution to problems in the natural world.

10 minutes ago, zapatos said:

It is.

I meant: But is it not also the official motto of the government? 

This means that the motto is, in addition to the money, on all institutions and government action.

6 minutes ago, Kartazion said:

Because Belief in an almighty god sounds like a poor solution to problems in the natural world.

Don't be confused. Just because it is printed on the money does not mean we are required to believe it. It has zero impact on me and I assume most others.

7 minutes ago, Kartazion said:

I meant: But is it not also the official motto of the government? 

It is.

7 minutes ago, Kartazion said:

This means that the motto is, in addition to the money, on all institutions and government action.

No, that is not correct. In fact, in many ways it is specifically banned from being part of government action.

An official motto is meaningless except in a symbolic way. It does not carry the weight of law.

1 hour ago, Kartazion said:

Oh you Frenchies…
Don't get me wrong, I love the language.
As the Merovingian says, in Matrix Reloaded, "Its like wiping your a*s with silk."
But you have one revolution, in the very late 1700s,where you kill a large part of your people, oppressors and revolutionaries, and you think you're the most secular nation in the world.
Yet you had troops in Italy, protecting the Papal lands of the Vatican ( a large part of central Italy ), and preventing Italian unification until the Germans kicked your a*s in the Franco-Prussian war 0f 1870.

Now you want to claim the US isn't secular because of what they print on their money ?
I could understand if you had said religious groups, like Southern Baptists, form the base of some high ranking politicians, like D Trump, the President.
But that is how democracy works. Even the Religious have a voice.
And that's a good thing; less oppression that way.

45 minutes ago, MigL said:

Now you want to claim the US isn't secular because of what they print on their money ?

I answer the question asked: It's on the money, which is a big clue. But I never blame the fact that the US was not secular.

35 minutes ago, iNow said:

Which god again?

The Creator of the Universe.

35 minutes ago, iNow said:

Which god again?

If none of your known "Creator of the Universe God" convince you, I think you could try to develop your own concept for that God.

Edited by teroko

4 hours ago, teroko said:

If none of your known "Creator of the Universe God" convince you, I think you could try to develop your own concept for that God.

I have to admit that this thought crossed my mind more than once, I have multiple ideas for faith/god/church which would be competitive to Christianity. Unfortunately the monopoly is strong and its not so easy to launch a new religion, the current one is protecting its means of income and they will not give it up. They wont cooperate nor are willing to share the market so I need to find a more realistic means of tax optimisation. 

35 minutes ago, Strange said:

More comma problems? Should that have been: "No god is real" and "Only, his problems remain are in our imagination"

No. It was well written… 😄

Edited by teroko

I think that was God idea. The Universe to run alone without much intervention. The problem is that things didn't run as would have been planned. Something unexpected came into place and things became wrong. And for the worst was something that affected God himself not allowing him fix the things. That's what I think. The question open for us is if a help could be given. The purpose of this thread is to point this out.

Edited by teroko

2 hours ago, teroko said:

Just in your opinion... 

I don't think you understand what this word means, because of the way you assert yours. It's not an opinion to say, "God is for real". That's an assertion of fact. Opinion would be, "I think God is for real".

29 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

I don't think you understand what this word means, because of the way you assert yours. It's not an opinion to say, "God is for real". That's an assertion of fact. Opinion would be, "I think God is for real".

You are right. Everything about God are opinions and theories. Any Religion is nothing more than a theory. The point is to try to find the truth. I present to everybody what makes sense to me after a long time reflecting about taking much things into account. May be could make sense to you too. It's your decision...

Edited by teroko

19 minutes ago, teroko said:

The point is to try to find the truth.

How can there be a "truth" when it involves billions of opinions? The kind of truth you're looking for is an illusion. That kind of truth is all subjective, so how can it be "true" for everyone?

8 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

How can there be a "truth" when it involves billions of opinions? The kind of truth you're looking for is an illusion. That kind of truth is all subjective, so how can it be "true" for everyone?

Billons of opinions may be because the truth hasn't been found yet. But the truth exist and is unique. May be we don't know it but it exists. Of course the problem would be to find it and demonstrate it what could not be easy at all. While not demonstrated I think we must stay with what at least can make sense to us...

Edited by teroko

Just now, teroko said:

Billons of opinions may be because the truth hasn't been found yet. But the truth exist and is unique. May be we don't know it but it exists. 

There you go expressing your opinion as fact again.

I hope you realize that the null hypothesis says the exact opposite, that since your "truth" hasn't been found in all this time by billions of searchers, it's more likely this "truth" of yours doesn't exist. Unless of course, the "truth" is that there are no gods, in which case it may exist after all.