God in troubles...

teroko

34 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Not really, we all just tried to explained why a god is unnecessary.

Science versus Religion, right?

Quote of mine:

“There exist two mountains, the Physics Sciences’ one and the Religions’ one. Between, a valley to transit.”

I believe in something in the "middle" but it would be too extense to discuss here in this thread… May be other time...

Edited by teroko

4 minutes ago, teroko said:

“There exist two mountains, the Physics Sciences’ one and the Religions’ one. Between, a valley to transit.”

Cute. Unfortunately it is  guilty of begging the question. You can connect them in analogy but in in reality.

8 minutes ago, teroko said:

But you can see, touch, analyze and take chunks of rock out of the one mountain.
The other mountain is based solely on belief; you can't see it, touch it, or analyze it.

And everybody takes whatever they want from it; and that seems to be the source of a lot of problems.

Edited by MigL

6 minutes ago, MigL said:

But you can see, touch, analyze and take chunks of rock out of the one mountain.
The other mountain is based solely on belief; you can't see it, touch it, or analyze it.

And everybody takes whatever they want from it; and that seems to be the source of a lot of problems.

Right.

I disregarded some rocks of the Science's mountain and took some others of the Religion's mountain to make my way in the valley.

That's why I am here now.

That's why I could be a problem for you now… 😄

10 minutes ago, teroko said:

Right.

I disregarded some rocks of the Science's mountain and took some others of the Religion's mountain to make my way in the valley.

That's why it's called a pass...

Edited by dimreepr

27 minutes ago, teroko said:

That's what you think...

What part did I get wrong?

1. Begging the question - You assume in your 'quote' that science and religion are connected. As science does not address the Supernatural, then by definition I am correct. 

2. Cannot be connected in reality - See #1 above.

3. Cute - I'll give you this one. That is indeed something that possibly only I 'think'.

4 minutes ago, zapatos said:

2. Cannot be connected in reality

They can be connected. I did. Too complex and extense to discuss this here I think.

Edited by teroko

11 minutes ago, zapatos said:

You connected them in analogy. Where did you connect them in reality?

I did it challenging things of Science and things of Religions, of course. I have developed a small site for that but I'm not allowed to publish the link here, right? But it is in my profile in the Forum. You can visit it and take a look in the site if you want. But is not possible to discuss everything about it here in this thread you know… And I guess you won't like what you will find so useless to discuss about...

Edited by teroko

37 minutes ago, teroko said:

But is not possible to discuss everything about it here in this thread you know… And I guess you won't like what you will find so useless to discuss about...

So you opened a discussion thread but refuse to discuss it. That's usually the point at which threads get closed.

1 minute ago, zapatos said:

So you opened a discussion thread but refuse to discuss it. That's usually the point at which threads get closed.

Ok, let discuss whatever you want then. What I don't know is everything could be discussed in this thread but go ahead.

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Belief in an almighty god sounds like a poor solution to problems in the natural world.

It must be difficult to live in a country where it is written on each coin and each bill "In God We Trust".
Besides, what God is it?

16 minutes ago, iNow said:

Perhaps you can begin with the questions and counter points you've evaded

I have pointed out the possible problem of a God in troubles and that I think may be something could be done about but only by the imagination. Following this approach I think each one should follow his own intuition and imagination to try to find God's troubles and point out possible solutions. May be someone luckily find the right ones and the solution of the world and life problems would follow.

The only thing I evaded is to talk about my personal work in this approach. Now, as I said, you can find it in my profile if you would be interested. Now is up to you to present your point of view if you want. I don't expect any agreement you know. What I don't know is if it would be good to discuss that in this thread...

Edited by teroko

9 minutes ago, teroko said:

I have pointed out the possible problem of a God in troubles and that I think may be something could be done about but only by the imagination.

So, you're saying god only exists in the imagination. I'm forced to agree with you here. 

9 minutes ago, teroko said:

The only thing I evaded is to talk about my personal work in this approach. Now, as I said, you can find it in my profile if you would be interested.

I'm really not. You're not exactly speaking cogently enough to entice people to go seek more, and it's against the rules of this site anyway... Rules you agreed to upon joining. You must have the discussion here, not attempt to direct traffic to alternative sites like a lousy spammer.

11 minutes ago, teroko said:

Now is up to you to present your point of view if you want.

The god concept is generally a crutch for people who can't accept the reality around them... in context of this thread, for those who struggle dealing with life's various struggles.

I find legs tend to get stronger and more capable when walking without the aid of crutches, and that the same usually applies to human minds, as well, but YMMV

5 minutes ago, iNow said:

You're not exactly speaking cogently enough to entice people to go seek more, and it's against the rules of this site anyway... Rules you agreed to upon joining. You must have the discussion here, not attempt to direct traffic to alternative sites like a lousy spammer.

That's why I didn't even try to post the link of my site. That's why I think is not good to discuss about my personal work which is related to it here. But I have been accused to not wanting to discuss then. So, I don't know what to do now…