God in troubles...

teroko

THE WISE AND GOD 

_ Wise, about life… Too much bad things happen…

_ Seems this is a wrong kind of life. Our World seems to be fortuitous. Is not as it was supposed a World and life would be. The things are not as they should be.

_ Wise, God created the Universe, how would exist something wrong?

_ God could have own troubles...

_ But God would have all power to solve anything... What would be missing to solve the things?

_ Nobody knows God's situation. There's no way to communicate with God. Who knows...

_ Nothing that could be done about...

_ One thing is true, if there is a God with a creation he must have a way to perceive it, may be through our own eyes and ears. So God could observe us and may be someone could imagine something useful for God to solve the things. Every thing we could solve here could help God solve something there. May be God could guide our intuition to something...
         Just maybe...
         May be also could be just a matter of time...

That's what I think...

I believe in God.

But my God has troubles.

If not he would have already solved everything may be long time ago.

That's my belief.

The problem is that we don't know anything about God.

We could only speculate in the possibilities our imagination could leave...

Edited by teroko

6 hours ago, teroko said:

The problem is that we don't know anything about God.

Right. E.g. we don't even know if God exists. Which one, btw (Zeus, Wodan, the Flying Spaghetti Monster)?

3 minutes ago, Eise said:

Right. E.g. we don't even know if God exists. Which one, btw (Zeus, Wodan, the Flying Spaghetti Monster)?

Why just one? Can't we have Zeus, Thor, and another few? All asleep, not caring about creation except for getting some people, in some times, in some cultures, to write/talk about them...

1 hour ago, Dagl1 said:

Why just one? Can't we have Zeus, Thor, and another few? All asleep, not caring about creation except for getting some people, in some times, in some cultures, to write/talk about them...

Indeed. It is much easier to explain the state of the world with multiple gods disagreeing with one another. Otherwise you have one god who appears to be insane, stupid or dead.

10 minutes ago, Strange said:

Indeed. It is much easier to explain the state of the world with multiple gods disagreeing with one another. Otherwise you have one god who appears to be insane, stupid or dead.

Unless... The one all-powerful, all-knowing god realized what a severe impediment an omnipotent being posed to a stable universe, so It removed Itself from existence. Now THAT is a loving god!

2 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Unless... The one all-powerful, all-knowing god realized what a severe impediment an omnipotent being posed to a stable universe, so It removed Itself from existence. Now THAT is a loving god!

"They will be much better off without me. I wouldn't be able to avoid tinkering and, based on past experience, it would only make things worse."

I wish that some engineers I know had that attitude!

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

"They will be much better off without me. I wouldn't be able to avoid tinkering and, based on past experience, it would only make things worse."

I was thinking the same about economist's.

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

I think human children reach their ultimate maturity when their parents die. Life is different when you're the elder. Perhaps it's a bad thing if your parents are immortal. 

10 hours ago, Strange said:

And on the Eighth Day he realised he was bored by the World He had created, and wandered off to do something else. 

Why wouldn't He be ?
He is omnipotent, and already knows everything that will ever happen, including the problems.
Why would he have any interest in His creation after the fact ?

So many paradoxes in religion...

Interesting reading peoples views, understandings and misunderstandings regards scriptural knowledge, but one thing always stands out to me, and that is nobody seems to take the time out to do the research to prove to themselves why all the problems are here in the first place!

12 hours ago, teroko said:

Is a possibility… But take into account that may be billions of years have passed since the Creation… Asleep all that time?

Programmers call it breakpoint in debugger.. Triggered when there is something interesting to see..

or something like this (for a start):

if( ( stars.getCount() > 0 ) && ( planets.getCount() > 0 ) && ( lifeforms.getCount() > 0 ) ) { Sound.playSound( soundLibrary.getSound( SoundLibrary::LifeForms ), Sound::LOUD ); };

..and there is always log file to check history what people did in the past..

So, Sensei...
God is a programmer, and the universe is a simulation ?
And he is only awakened when something interesting happens ?

We orbit a small star ,in an indiscreet, suburban neighborhood of an average galaxy, in a smallish cluster, located nowhere special.
What interesting event could possibly happen here :) ?

1 hour ago, MigL said:

What interesting event could possibly happen here :) ?

...reunification with other extraterrestrial life forms.. ?

..or to simply say goodbye to not really adult lifeforms..

18 hours ago, teroko said:

Is a possibility… But take into account that may be billons of years have passed since the Creation… Asleep all that time?

Several years have passed since for us, while for God it only happened a few minutes?

2 hours ago, MigL said:

God is a programmer, and the universe is a simulation ?
And he is only awakened when something interesting happens ?

At the end of time God will keep the best seeds in deep Learning way.

I know is a rather frustrating subject to treat. No really convincent solution seems to arise.
Is just that I believe is something important to think about.
I appreciate your comments.

46 minutes ago, teroko said:

Is just that I believe is something important to think about.

That is where we differ. What gods are doing, or if they exist, is not important at all.

There is nothing less important.

4 hours ago, teroko said:

I know is a rather frustrating subject to treat.

The treatment is actually very simple to devise but its much more difficult to implement...a lot of people tend to be immune to knowledge.

Edited by koti