plasma fun

hmm have to try that, I wonder if the plasma from a candle would hover in the bottle (I would guess not considering the size of the candle

edit: I just realised that in my previous post I said the magnet attracted the magnet, I meant to say the magnet attracted the plasma down from where it normally resided

well in this case there was no visible arc, in the experiment a ball of plasma comes to rest in the middle of the bottle, then the magnet litteral first forced the ball to become assymetric towards the magnet, then the plasma winked out for about 1/4 of a second and reapeared surrounding the magnet.

out of curiosity (my magnet is currently located in a drain pipe :P) is the same effect visible for fire?

the "EM" pulses are woefully low and will have no effect on the flame, I think upon analysis you`ll find that it`s natural tremors of your hands creating air currents, also the positioning of you hands can create a flue effect also :)

ok, good theory, but for that to be correct you would have to hold you hand perfectly still and really close to the flame, you would get major 2nd degree burns before enough air pressure was built up.

i had my hands to the side of the flame and were resting them on the table.

i was using one of those small candles. like 2/3 " tall. in the metal case.

its not super human, but it would be nice to get some money just for demonstrating a natral ability that all humans can have. :D

there is ALOT about the human brain the we don't yet understand.

people have demonstraited telekinesis, but most don't beleave what they see with their own eyes(not on TV, in person)

up until a while ago, this thread was doing just great, now it half belongs in pseudoscience/metaphsics.

can we get back to the original topic now, and if you feel that strongly about it, start another thread to that effect, but leave this one alone!

So you just stick a piece of metal in the microwave and it turns into a plasma? Or it creates a plasma?

Like I know what a plasma is and obviously the combination of microwaves/metal creates a plasma... but why is there such a different event when you bombard metal with microwaves as opposed to visible light or radio waves?