Gravity

Captainzen

Hello

I have read a few topics on gravitational theories. I must state my disagreement on the space warp theory to explain attraction, but I would like to pose a different question. 

I agree fully on the theory of mass density being the measure of gravitational force. That said, gravity itself is still a mystery. I am talking about the wave that interacts with mass. Like magnetism for instance. We know what a magnetic wave is and how to create it. What efforts are being made to discover the  gravitational wave? 

We have already detected gravitational waves.  However, neither gravitational or magnetic attraction is mediated by waves.  A "magnetic wave", is  just one component of an electromagnetic wave, or in other words, light and radio waves.  Magnetism, as in the attraction and repulsion of magnets, is due to a field, not a wave.

2 hours ago, Captainzen said:

I agree fully on the theory of mass density being the measure of gravitational force.

Mass density ?

What theory would that be?

The average density of Earth is about four times as great as that of Jupiter, yet the gravity of Jupiter is nearly three times as great as that of Earth.

4 hours ago, Captainzen said:

I agree fully on the theory of mass density being the measure of gravitational force. 

Newtonian gravity depends on mass and distance. You could express the mass in terms of a density, but it would also then depend on the size. 

4 hours ago, Captainzen said:

I agree fully on the theory of mass density being the measure of gravitational force. That said, gravity itself is still a mystery. I am talking about the wave that interacts with mass. Like magnetism for instance. We know what a magnetic wave is and how to create it. What efforts are being made to discover the  gravitational wave? 

I don't think we know what magnetism "is" any more than we know what gravity "is". In both cases we have theories that describe how they work. Those might also describe "reality" but we have no way of knowing.

But kudos for saying "gravitational wave" and not "gravity wave"! :-) 

7 minutes ago, Strange said:

I don't think we know what magnetism "is" any more than we know what gravity "is". In both cases we have theories that describe how they work. Those might also describe "reality" but we have no way of knowing.

But kudos for saying "gravitational wave" and not "gravity wave"! :-) 

At least Captainzen understands the gravitational of the situation...

...and I'll see myself out...