FLAT EARTH VERSUS ROUND EARTH

Sirjon

Due to this government’s lockdown policy, I have more time to have ‘mental analysis’ (or simply call it, ‘out of the box imagination').

There is this on-going argument between proponents of the what-so-called ‘flat Earth’ that defies the textbook defenders of the ‘round Earth’. If you search the Internet, there’s so many topics going on, one claiming that the Earth to be flat, why others, of course, as already been established, that the Earth is round.

As to my own opinion, the Earth is indeed ‘round’. But why it looks seems flat, as many experiments, in a way, as others are claiming and keep on proving it (with some success), has something to do with my ‘suggestion’ that EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE ARE EXPANDING IN THREE-DIMENSIONAL FASHION’.

I could not present the Mathematics behind this but, as with, playing with my imagination, I can able to describe it.

Let’s say, to make this argument to end all the way – let’s construct a plane floor on the quarter surface of the Earth. If my ‘hypothesis’ is correct, it would indeed look ‘flat’ on all directions. Why?

I’m not a proponent of a Flat Earth, in fact I believe, too, that the Earth is ‘round’ as proven by Magellan (first man who supposed  to circumnavigated the globe, bad thing, he was short lived by a Filipino Warrior, named Lapu-Lapu).  

It has to do with the hidden phenomenon that as you look to an object (directly in front of you).  on a round surface, it simply, already moved upward a second ago, that would by, in a way, be measured to be in a straight line (what the Flat Earth people ‘suggested’).

If you ‘imagine’ that way, then it only prove two things – the Earth is indeed expanding outward. Second, it only prove that gravity is not really a force but the effect of the Earth’s surface moving upward at all directions from it’s center.

4 minutes ago, Sirjon said:

let’s construct a plane floor on the quarter surface of the Earth.

What does that mean? A quarter of the surface of earth is not a plane.

I can imagine a lot of things, but I have a hard time imagining what this topic has to do with science and what is observed around us.

In a round surface, a quarter of it's surface will bulge out from the center and you'll see the corners to be deeper low. Wherever direction you'll look, it makes you feel you're on the top of the surface (if we imagine the Earth's surface to be a smooth, less the mountains, or differences in locations' elevations). 
But imagine, if this round surface is expanding every seconds of a time, then it would rather, look flat. It has to do with our brain, comparing the things we see, from a second ago to the next seconds of a time.  

18 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

What does that mean? A quarter of the surface of earth is not a plane.

I can imagine a lot of things, but I have a hard time imagining what this topic has to do with science and what is observed around us.

Sorry, maybe you misunderstood me.
- Three things, if we able to construct a flat floor on the surface of the Earth and by measurement, its corners bulges out of the true surface of the Earth, it only proves that the Earth is, indeed 'round'
- Then, if there's no change in inclinations, compared to the true surface of the Earth, then the Flat Earth people 'wins'
- Three, if the Earth is expanding from its center, therefore, no matter how big the surface we created to measurely flat(although I believe, there could be a limit to that), then it still look flat, although, indeed, the Earth is truly round.

Edited by Sirjon

48 minutes ago, Sirjon said:

If you ‘imagine’ that way, then it only prove two things – the Earth is indeed expanding outward. Second, it only prove that gravity is not really a force but the effect of the Earth’s surface moving upward at all directions from it’s center.

I think I understand what you might mean, but prove would not be the correct word here. You're "imagining" a model from outside our normal frames of reference and with different rules.

In your model (as I think you may be visualizing it) the expansion should be accelerating. All physical parameters in your model would need to align with that in someway/somehow to compensate, such that our physical laws remain as consistent as we measure them to be, in the frames we generally use, with physics as we know it.

Edited by J.C.MacSwell