Curious layman

Protein discovered inside a meteorite

IMG_3465.JPG.e5f17a69bf9a1f27b274c5c47e820236.JPG

Model of the 2320 hemolithin molecule after MMFF energy minimization. Top: in space-filling mode; Center: ball and stick; Bottom: enlarged view of iron, oxygen and lithium termination. White = H; orange = Li; grey = C; blue = N; red = O and green = Fe. Hydrogen bonds are shown by dotted lines. Credit: arXiv:2002.11688 [astro-ph.EP]

A team of researchers from Plex Corporation, Bruker Scientific LLC and Harvard University has found evidence of a protein inside of a meteorite. They have written a paper describing their findings and have uploaded it to the arXiv preprint server.

https://phys.org/news/2020-03-protein-meteorite.amp?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

Good find I also saw where they found a sugar or is this the same thing? 

17 hours ago, Moontanman said:

Good find I also saw where they found a sugar or is this the same thing? 

Looks like the same thing. They found Ribose, a type of sugar found in RNA. Doesn't mention it in my link. Found another story that mentions it and also says;

The team admits, however, that what they have found may instead be a polymer a broader class of molecules of which protein is a member and they are inviting further research into Acfer 086 and similar meteorites to confirm what exactly they’ve found

https://www.poandpo.com/in-the-meantime/first-extraterrestrial-protein-found-inside-meteorite-232020498/