Please Help attempting to find the names of the chemical categories found in plants

Hello everyone

I have bit off a little more than I can chew with a project i am working on. First off it should be known I AM NOT a chemist, far from it, so I am a little out of my league with this project.

I am trying to find out what are the names of the CATEGORIES of chemical compounds found in plants, both on the primary and secondary metabolite levels. I am NOT looking for the names of the individual compounds.

For example I know on the primary metabolite side, Carbohydrates is one category ( am not looking for all the names of the sugars ie mono, di polysacarides, and their sub catagories nor the starches... ) 

I believe that sugar alcohols such as (sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, maltitol, maltitol syrup, lactitol, erythritol, isomalt and hydrogenated starch hydrolysates) falls into another catagory of primary metabolites, 
I believe also that Organic acids? are also primary???

Then I am also looking for the catagories of the secondary metabolites such as terpenes, ??Flavens?? waxes?? 

Is there such a thing as a chart that shows these items?

Please let me know